Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Have a Wonderful Labor Day!!!

Everyone,

Have a wonderful Labor day and be safe! If you get some good pics, feel free to post them here. The mods will only be in/out, so please be patient if you have a problem.

If it is anything urgent, or not urgent, or not really urgent but you are just thinking about it (etc), let me know and I will give you TDW's home phone number. Remember, there is close to 12 hours time difference between him and the USA. As such, please be sure to call him at 3pm your time (east coast) so that you will catch him at 3am his time. When he answers the phone, just say that your name is Cape Cod Phyllis!! They are old friends. Believe me, he won't mind at all!!!!

HEHE

In all seriousness, have fun, be safe, and take some great pics!

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2009
NON member

AE28 is on a distinguished road
Brian...
And to you and your Family!!!
Paul
Old 09-04-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Have a great holiday you bunch of chuckleheads.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-08-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hi Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day. Unfortunately, no one asked for TDW's number so he got off easy!

We spent the entire weekend at the boat. There was absolutely NO wind. We didn't even bother pulling out the sails. But, we didn't let it ruin our weekend. We needed to give the engine a little workout anyways.

Even the bully was chillin' out!

We started off by motoring over to the other side of Lake Texoma. For those that do not know it, it is a large lake. It generally takes us about 4 hours or more to get across via motor - and that isn't really even all the way across.

We had some friends that tried to slip out at night when we were not looking and be alone. Too bad fo them, we found out where they were and tied up - not just me, but mom and dad on their Tayana too! Ahhh... they were just thrilled to see us... hehe!

Kris and the kids sat down and played some games. I, of course, helped the kids cheat. She lost and will never know why!

Mom sat down with a book and relaxed. SHe has been working some terribly long hours lately and needed the break. The weather and nature did her good.

That night, I told everyone I would cook their meals. Blackened seafood is and dirty rice is my specialty. Dad felt bad that he was not helping so I simply asked if I could cook the fish on his grill. He agreed. (heheheheeh). Ever blackened seafood!? Makes a heck of a mess, as dad found out. He told me I have permanently lost all rights to ever use his grill again. Here's a shot of his face while cleaning it up!

All in all it was a very relaxing time. Sometimes it is nice just to motor around and not worry about anything. Know what I mean? There was once a day that no matter what I raised the sails just to say I tried. Those days are long over. Now it's all about the most enjoyable way to get from A-B, but then again, that's what sailing is about anyways. Well that, and maybe a little family bonding too?

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 09-08-2009

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Cool report CD, we had a nice weekend too, tried out a NU Wave Oven ( ate way to much ) Then went for a sail yesterday, we got out to the outter markers and flipped a coin, it came up heads, so we slowly motor sailed in a SWByW direction looking for Blues ( denied again ) coming back was a nice quiet sail though.

I'll tell ya what, there was a incredible amount of boaters out, usually you get a couple miles out and boats just disappear, like they went threw the Burmuda Triangle or something, but not yesterday, hell we were maybe 15 km off and we came up on a couple of guys in a old 16' glastron, surprised the hell out of us

And a ton of Vessel Assist and MayDay calls, looking forward to getting back to quiet weekends and a ocean to myself ( kinda sorta )

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Old 09-08-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopdeckpappy View Post
Cool report CD, we had a nice weekend too, tried out a NU Wave Oven ( ate way to much ) Then went for a sail yesterday, we got out to the outter markers and flipped a coin, it came up heads, so we slowly motor sailed in a SWByW direction looking for Blues ( denied again ) coming back was a nice quiet sail though.

I'll tell ya what, there was a incredible amount of boaters out, usually you get a couple miles out and boats just disappear, like they went threw the Burmuda Triangle or something, but not yesterday, hell we were maybe 15 km off and we came up on a couple of guys in a old 16' glastron, surprised the hell out of us

And a ton of Vessel Assist and MayDay calls, looking forward to getting back to quiet weekends and a ocean to myself ( kinda sorta )
Hey Poopy, I know what you mean! Take a look at this. The picture does not do it justice, but you could walk beam-beam for a quarter to a half mile and not get your feet wet. And this is only one of the islands that was like this. We saw many of these so-called flotillas!

Incredible! On the brighter side, we did not have all the drunks out this weekend like we usually do on Memorial Day. Lots of traffic but they at least seemed to be a little better behaved.

- CD

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 09-09-2009

timebandit is on a distinguished road
Three days and I forgot how to walk on solid ground.
Just waiting for a ride home.

Mac 25
Copernicus
Southern California
I am not a prejudice racist sexist bigot. I just hate stupid people.