Okay - so the Go Bag is coming together. I may be crewing an offshore race in the Gulf in June - so I needed some cool crap. As I mentioned in my "SN Booty"
thread, almost everything you see in the photo below was purchased through the SN store. You can see all the price comparisons, etc. in that thread...
1. Gill Regatta Deckhand Gloves Short Finger
2. Gill - Performance Shoe - Black/Carbon
3. AquaBox Waterproof Protection Case (White) for Apple iphone (this thing is freakin' COOL!) - from Amazon (SN didn't have it)
4. DRY PAK WATERPROOF DUFFEL BAG
5. MIDLAND NT3VP 5 WATT HH VHF W/ BATTERY, CHRGR, AC
6. ACR FIREFLY PLUS STROBE FLASHLIGHT COMBO
7. ADVENTURE MEDICAL SOL CORE LITE SURVIVAL TOOL
8. Revere Comfort Max Manual Inflatable PFD with ORC Safety Harness
What's not shown here are my light foulies, Gilligan shoes, clothes, and other personal items listed above that I'll have packed.
I'm going to add an LED head lamp with red light option and a fanny pack for small stuff. One of the things that I went back and forth on was the pfd. This model doesn't have any storage compartments or strap patches on it. I've heard that this is good (no interference with inflation) and I've heard this is bad (no storage up high). I think the fanny pack will be a good alternative...I hope.
I'm going to experiment with the iPhone as GPS on this trip - using the AquaBox for protection. The thing I'm most concerned about is battery life - and the ability to recharge the battery as crew on someone else's boat. We'll see.
I thought about getting the Spot Connect (and still might). I just don't like the idea of having lots of devices that overlap in function (iPhone, Garmin, Spot, PLB, etc.) - if I can get this boiled down to one or two devices. Any other ideas? Or anything else that you see I'm missing?