New edition of Chapman Piloting & Seamanship
The new 66th edition of Chapman has just come out, Sept. 1 2009. Living in Denver the book is not readily available for me to look at. I'm wondering if it really has much difference from my 64th edition published in September 2003.
Maybe no one has it yet?
Okay, can someone point me to the Chapman website? Try as I have I cannot find a link to the publisher where I might find "new in this edition".
Here's a link to the book on the publisher's site.
Sterling Publishing: Catalog
It doesn't seem to have anything in the way of "new in this edition".
On Amazon though the product description for the 66th edition includes the following:
- Most up-to-date Federal laws, regulations, and fees
- The latest developments in outboard motors and inboard vectored thrust propulsion systems, including joystick controls - New mayday procedures
- Cutting edge technology: VHF/DSC radio; Rescue 21 coastal communication system; networking electronic devices; features and capabilities of GPS, radar, depth sounder, fish finders, and chartplotters; eLoran system; autopilot; NMEA 2000 and more
- Latest United States Power Squadron updates
- Expanded contact information for governmental and commercial organizations"
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012