Delivery Testemonial (or 'How I spent my Summer Vacation') - Page 3 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
So verga - what's your part in all this? You seem to be familiar with these guys and have a personal beef with them. The photos do seem to show this JO as the same dude.

But what would the "setup" you're referring to be? Pirating a yacht?

PS - I don't see xs or billy as "protecting" anyone. They're just not willing to jump on your bandwagon. I can understand that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-01-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2010

verga is on a distinguished road
Jesse Osborn (Osborne)

Smackdaddy - I've gone way out of my way to warn this group of Seward sailors of a danger in their midst. Troopers, Courts, Anchorage Judge Sedwick, and even the Federal 9th Circuit U.S. Court of appeals are going way out of their way to protect this guy - maybe because he was once a Trooper. You may have little recourse if he harms you. He has already murdered with impunity. I would not worry about him pirating your boat. That's not what trips Osborn's trigger. Osborn is a violence freak - and he wants to see you crawl and beg. He craves the fear in your eyes. I haven't filled you in on his sadistic behavior as a Trooper before he murdered the parapelegic. In one instance he smashed and broke up a woman's face until it was unrecognizable. She was handcuffed. Do not go out on a cruise with him with your wife. He may make you both crawl before it is over. Osborn is protected in the state of Alaska, and even to some extent in Federal Courts. I'm not sure why. You may have little recourse against him if you become his victim. You people are in danger here - and I have warned you. I have done more than my part - and what you do with this danger in your midst is up to you. You either have the "stones" to protect you and yours - or you don't. If you don't, I wish you well anyway.
Old 01-01-2010
Yamsailor

Yamsailor is on a distinguished road
OK--Guys,

While I do agree an innocent man should never be slandered, it is perfectly appropriate to disseminate truthful information that may save a life or prevent injury.

Does Osborn have a USCG License? If he does, he has to report any criminal convictions on his application. IF he doesn't then one shouldn't be using him anyway. The USCG can find out if this person is one in the same.
Old 01-01-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
"Stones" - that sounds familiar. Okay, cool, thanks verga. I can see you've gone out of your way on this - and seem to know a hell of a lot about it.

Hopefully, if it is the same Osborn as you say, justice will be served...and your warnings will be heeded. Beyond that - some of your stuff sounds a little conspiracy-esque.

BTW - how do you know him personally? Just curious.

(PS - Good call Yam. That makes sense to me.)

Old 01-01-2010
baDumbumbum

bobmcgov will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
Has anyone seen the movie Dead Calm?
Nicole Kidman nekkid. The rest was a blur, really. Wasn't there a boat involved?
Old 01-01-2010
Last Man Standing

Yeah but she was a lot plumper then - and hadn't yet beefed up the girls. Still - it was pleasant.

Old 01-01-2010

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
Has anyone seen the movie Dead Calm?
Yes! good movie, nice boat! and then there's Nicole..

This...is a little like..."What's my Line" ..though, I'm dating myself with that reference.

What's Dave's relationship to Jesse other than client? Dave?
Who is Verga? whose only posts have been ...regarding this incident.

I've read the newpaper accounts, and the court record. (yeah, too much time on my hands right now...lol )

It sounds like it's a good thing for the Citizens of Seward? that Jesse, has chosen another career...and no, I won't be using his services..lol

If there was ever a case of excessive use of deadly force imo this case would be the poster child. For a fellow officer on the scene to state, that he was " shocked" that shots were fired, and that he never felt threatened is a good indication.

Any escalation of the events was caused by trooper osborn imo...It's questionable that he ever identified himself as a police officer to a guy who was sleeping in his car, and in less that 5 minutes he fired 5 shots killing an unarmed victim....pretty scary...

ok..back to our regularly scheduled sailing program....:-)
Old 01-01-2010
Yamsailor

Yamsailor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Yes! good movie, nice boat! and then there's Nicole..

This...is a little like..."What's my Line" ..though, I'm dating myself with that reference.

What's Dave's relationship to Jesse other than client? Dave?
Who is Verga? whose only posts have been ...regarding this incident.

I've read the newpaper accounts, and the court record. (yeah, too much time on my hands right now...lol )

It sounds like it's a good thing for the Citizens of Seward? that Jesse, has chosen another career...and no, I won't be using his services..lol

If there was ever a case of excessive use of deadly force imo this case would be the poster child. For a fellow officer on the scene to state, that he was " shocked" that shots were fired, and that he never felt threatened is a good indication.

Any escalation of the events was caused by trooper osborn imo...It's questionable that he ever identified himself as a police officer to a guy who was sleeping in his car, and in less that 5 minutes he fired 5 shots killing an unarmed victim....pretty scary...

ok..back to our regularly scheduled sailing program....:-)
Well, since I am licensed and I a do two or three short deliveries a year, I won't use him and I don't need him.
Old 01-01-2010
Last Man Standing

Yeah - this whole thing kind of felt like an Alaskan FightClub spilling out into the mainland.

Anyway - everyone knows you don't shoot a dude with no pants. That's just wrong.

Old 01-01-2010

xsboats is on a distinguished road
As a professional mariner and retired river and mountaineering guide, I hate to see others in the profession that bring down the standard. We have enough skeptics about the ethics of those who work on and around boats and the waterfront. When I read of this guy and others such as the recent child abductor on a boat here in Florida , it concerns me. Each incident removes just a little more trust in those within our sailing community. I am glad to see accusations or insinuations backed up with some real documentation on this thread. It is good to be forewarned about such characters, but I also have to question the motives of both Dave6330 and Verga for their posts. Like SmackDaddy, I wonder what the connection is.It seems a little excessive to be told that we have been warned. Tager, are you suggesting that Billy Zane play Osborn in the upcoming movie that is sure to follow in the wake of all this?