Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009

DarkBlue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DarkBlue Send a message via Skype™ to DarkBlue
I've already said something about CD's leaving in another forum so I will make it shorter now:

When I was 41 years old I've started sailing again. That was one year ago. Almost at the same time I've joined some of the forums around.
During this last year I've learned a lot, and I'm not talking only on the technical side of sailing, but also - and maybe the most important one - on the human behavior side.
So, I just want to say that I'm thankful for the knowledge, the friendship and the good laughs that some of the mods and members of all of the sites that I visit are providing me.

Today I'm sad because Cruisingdad's leaving. Thank you Sir for everything you provided me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2009

CapnMikel is on a distinguished road
wow, congrats Brian & family!!
You honestly just gave me an anxiety attack, lmao

I've been out of Paxil since half way up the ICW from the keys.. That will change tomorrow though, whew, finally!!

"Paxil" if I EVER am lucky enough to name a boat, "PAXIL" will be it!!

I miss all of my instant cruising friends from Boot Key Harbor & welled up a bit reading your post, God Speed, Fair Winds & a breeze on your beam
(who came up with the following seas bit, it really isn't enjoyable, lol)
Old 10-06-2009
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Best wishes & hope to see you out there - weather permitting, we leave this weekend also. -Dan & Jaye Eryka
Old 10-07-2009
Aspiring to be a Mexican

sww914 is on a distinguished road
Congrats!
Thanks for explaining about your family's health problems. My wife was injured 3 years ago and my child was very ill for years, better now. It's very very good to see that another has overcome all of the usual difficulties as well as extras that are similar to mine.
Best!
Steve
Old 10-07-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Fair Winds and Following seas, Brian. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank you for the advice you provided during our boat search. It definitely helped us choose the right Catalina for us and we look forward to many years enjoying our Palmetto Moon.

Best wishes to your entire family as you set off on your latest adventure. I hope to follow in your footsteps in the not too distant future.
Old 10-07-2009

timebandit is on a distinguished road
Fair Winds

Mac 25
Copernicus
Southern California
I am not a prejudice racist sexist bigot. I just hate stupid people.
Old 10-07-2009

rayncyn51 is on a distinguished road
Brian,

Good luck, enjoy, and, as I've said before, please write a book someday. You have a gift, as a mod, a sailor, and a man. - Ray'n'Cyn
Old 10-07-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hi Everyone,

I owe many of you a very personal response and will do my best as I can take a breather. Funny, you would think with all the changes that I would be settling down and sleeping good. Quite the opposite! I have woken up every night this week and last mulling over one thing or another about what we are forgetting or what we have to do! I am still interviewing realtors. We just finished a parent-teacher conference and broke the news to them (they were a little shocked, a little not). We sat down as a family last night and went through everything again and all the changes that are about to happen. Wow! Quite an emotional whilrwind.

Last time when we went Chase was about 1 I think... maybe a little younger. We put our house for sale, and it sold, no negot, within 12 hours (and we did not even list it with a realtor!! just a sign outfront). The boat was prepped and within a week or two was on a truck heading south.

I kinda feel like that is what is happening again. Everything is going very fast. We do have a number of things we are going to have to take care of on the boats, especially dad's, but we are contemplating having many of those things done in S Texas or Florida. I guess it kinda depends on how long the house is on the market and the other personal and business matters that have to get wrapped up.

I know it sounds kinda funny, but one of the hardest things I have done was to tell you guys and begin the search for the new mod. THat is why I was as happy as I was that Faster came on board. I feel like I am leaving this place in good hands. I have promised to help out in the transition, and may keep some aspect of admin duties to help with some of those pieces (which typically are not things that have to be done immediately and could wait until we have internet connection), but it is very hard letting go of here. Talk about screwed up priorities!!

The family is taking it pretty well. Kris' head is spinning as things are going so fast. Dad has been chomping at the bit for 12 months, and is having a hard time realizing that this is really going forward. Chase and Glen are taking it pretty good. Chase (my oldest at 9) is really excited. He sees it as an adventure again and knows what to expect for the most part. For Glen, this is really a new adventure. He has more of an attachment to the house and stuff than any of the rest of us. But he is 5, and this is a good time for him and Chase to start this process. It's not like we don't spend basically every weekend on the boat anyways, so I believe he will adapt.

Anyways, lot's of thoughts there. I am only sharing them for those that are interested and for those that might be planning somehting like this in the future. I hope it gives some of you a little insight on what to expect - or at least one aspect of what to expect. It is exciting and scary at the same time. It is stressful. But a little planning, lots of family communication, and consistent reassurance on where we are going makes things easier to swallow and deal with.

Again, I hope to write more detailed responses to many of you. Until then, thanks again for the many kind words.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 10-07-2009
Irrationally Exuberant

arf145 is on a distinguished road
Bon voyage, CD. You'll be missed--and envied.

2000 Beneteau 331
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy ~ Steven Wright
Old 10-07-2009
Just a Member

primerate84 is on a distinguished road
Good luck and fair winds. It is great opportunity for your family. I wish I could do the same.

Mike