Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
CD Is Leaving !!!

Hello everyone!

I am very hnappy to tell everyone here that I am about to embarq again on life's great adventure: we are leaving to go cruising!

This is a very exciting thing for us. Several yeatrs ago, as many of you know, my wife and 3yo were struck by a 18 wheeler and for a while I did not even know if cruising would ever again be a possibility. We have spent the last couple of years working through all the issues (health and financial) and it appears we are finally able to give this thing a shot again.

My parents have already sold their house and are living with us. My house goes on the market this week. I will be liquidating all my assetts (well, minus the boat and the Bulldog... but I am taking offers for the latter... hehehe, j/k my wife would kill me). We are putting the things in place to start making the transition and with a little help from above, I think the pieces should all fit.

On a somewhat sad note (well, depending on who you talk to!!), I will be moving away from my moderating role at Sailnet. I have tried to serve my time as best as I possibly could and have tried to be fair and honest with everyone I have dealt with. I am leaving it in the hands of three very good friends and moderators and I hope you will continue to show them the same level of friendship and support you have shown me. Through all the hard times and effot involved, it is the members and their encouragement that has made moderating worth it. Thank you.

I will stay on for a while during the transition to make sure all the bases are covered for everyone. I may also play some type "Moderator At Large" role. However, the basic duties will be heavily shifted to the other guys.

Our plans at this point are to drop the boats in the Gulf somewhere between next month or as soon as the house sales. We will probably sail them across (depending on the weather window) and head for South Florida. I have an office down there and will run some aspects of my business from there until things are settled for us. And then we are off to... somewhere. Bahamas? Carribean? Distant shores and distant lands. BBQ grills and solar arrays. If you ever need me, look for the smoke rising in the distance. Listen for Thomas the Train Engine blaring across the cockpit speakers. And stop by and have a drink. I would welcome all of you.

To all me friends and members, thank you for a great many years. I will check in here and post as I can. And if you ever need me, don't feel afraid to write. I will reply as the internet allows!

All the best,

Brian and Family.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2009
"Sparkie"

j34035 is on a distinguished road
Good luck and all the best. I am not jealous, but maybe a bit envious! Have fun (be safe) and keep us posted on your travels. Later
DD
Jboat J/37c (new to me Jan 2011); J/22 #1003

Old 10-05-2009
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
WOW! Congratulations Brian...You have been one of the best Mods I have encountered if not the best...always polite and thoughtful....Not the best looking however..

God Bless you and yours and I look forward to hearing and reading many adventure.

All our Best Scott

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 10-05-2009

nuffoftexas is on a distinguished road
...well, freakin fantastic CD! I do hope you check in from time to time and keep us posted on the journey. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll be drooling over every word about of your travels. Be sure to leave us the names of your vessels so those fortunate enough to be out there with you will know when to hail. Also, don't forget to spend a month or two on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake next summer/fall. I hope to see you there. Best of luck to you mate!

Boatless Roger in Texas...
Old 10-05-2009

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
CD, if you are going to drop the boat on the Texas Coast - if you are going to drop the boat, hop in and go to FL, I would choose someplace near the Gulf i.e. Bridge Harbor in Freeport - not somewhere up in Galveston Bay, where it will take you a day to get to the Gulf. However, if you are going to drop the boat, hang out a month or so, then go - you're probably better off in Kemah or Seabrook where there are lots of slips available.
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 10-05-2009

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Brian, Congratulations on casting off the lines and on your wife and child being healed.

Here are some links that you may find indispensible for cruising: Fair winds,
Jim

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Old 10-05-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
You are the man CD! It's great that you are finally able to cast off and go. Congrats.

I do fully expect you to post every BFS you score from here on.

Thanks for everything you've done for us here. You're definitely one good dude.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-05-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Brian,

Although I've known about your plans for a short while now, I can't say this news is any easier to see out in the open. Members of Sailnet owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude for the efforts you have put in here.

Speaking as a fellow moderator, I couldn't have asked to work alongside a finer sailor, and I'm gratified that you'll remain with us even if in a lesser capacity.

It's a true privilege to call you "friend", and I sincerely wish you and your family the very best as you set off on this next adventure.

Speaking of which...

P.S. No pressure!

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 10-05-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2009
NON member

AE28 is on a distinguished road
Santé et bon voyage !
Paul
Old 10-05-2009

seapony2 is on a distinguished road
Brian, sure hope we see you on the lake again prior to your leaving.
We wish you and the family fair winds.

We will never forget the three years we got to spend cruising.
You won't regret it.

Dick