SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Keep Turning Left

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  retclt 
#1 ·
I came across this on the Trailer Sailor Forum.
Some of you might know of Dylan Winter, some may not. He has a series of vlogs on You Tube about his circumnavigation on the British Isles.
He set sail out of Bembridge on the Isle of Wight eighteen months ago. He is sailing into different estuaries around the isles and filming while he goes, giving a little history of the locations as he goes. His plan is to finish the trip in four years, stopping as he goes to back to work.
Check them out. Very enjoyable.

I can't post a link yet but get on You Tube a search for "Keep Turning Left"

Start at video 1.

#2 ·
I've been spruiking Dylan since Episode One. He's a great guy and in his wonderfully laconic style he is doing great stuff. No BS, no hyperbole.

If you do have a look at his sailing vids then you should also have a look at his other stuff. His books (if you can still find them) are worth a read as well.

I'm more than happy to paste the links for you, and thanks for the reminder.

YouTube - KeepTurningLeft's Channel

more at

YouTube - dylanwinter1's Channel

#3 ·
I've used google earth images for some video clips, but I don't know how to use panning/moving google earth images like the one above. Does anyone know off hand that could explain it to me?

#4 · (Edited)
Erps,
I don't know how to save it to your hard drive but there is a camera icon on the GE tool bar. You click on that then on the microphone symbol that then appears, bottom left of screen. If you zoom in using the vertical slider you record what you see.

#7 ·
There were a very diverse number of boats in those videos . . . All interesting and most really beautiful. I saw a Catalina 22 in the third one . . . that was funny. You don’t see that many different styles around Texas . . . Maybe on the Northeast coast around New England. Great video and music! Loved it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.