Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Smile Congrats Faster - Our Newest Moderator

Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Faster as Sailnet's newest moderator.

It did not take a lot of convinving to get Faster on board. The fact that we have five of the six keel bolt-nuts (that he is missing) is purely coincindental and we will prove it in court. And for the record, that fur in the bilge was not rodent fur. Wombats are marsupials.

In all seriousness, we have followed Faster's posts for a long time. He is a very knowledgeable sailor who knows what he is talking about. He has always taken an interest in helping out others and presents his information well. As importantly, Faster has always been thoughtful in his responses. Even in times when tempers could have been raised, he has appraoched the discussions with sensitivity for how his comments would be perceived and how to calm down (and avoid) the situation. My fellow members, Faster is a gentleman. We are very fortunate to have him a part of this team. It is also a huge plus that he is Canadian (as we have a huge Candian audience here) and that he is from the Pacific Northwest. He will represent both of them very well - plus it allows us as moderators to spread out our 'on-line' and availability much further.

Please give Faster the support you have given me and the other mods. I believe each of you will find that he is a wonderful addition to our team and will be fair in his responses and actions. Like I said, Faster is a true gentleman and Sailnet is lucky to have him.

Welcome aboard Faster!

Brian

PS We will return one nut for each years of service, as promised!!

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2009

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Welcome aboard Faster. Having been around here since the mid-1990's the one thing you can say about Sailnet is that it has always been evolving and usually for the best. While all of us Mod's will miss Brian's (CruisingDad) contributions, I personnally am very excited to have you as a fellow Moderator. I have been a fan of your contributions to discussions over the year and now look forward to your contributions to the Moderation Team.

Jeff

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Old 10-07-2009
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
cool!

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 10-07-2009

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Very Nice choice.
Congratulations to Faster.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 10-07-2009

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
Congrats and welcome aboard Faster - be careful, now everyone will expect you to actually know what you're talking about ;-)
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 10-07-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Great choice guys. Congrats Faster.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-07-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Oh man! a person from the BC area?!?!?!?! oh dear oh me oh my!

on the other hand, you coulda WAY worst.

On the other hand, good for us, bad for him! Late night emails about spammers, pain said blt is a PITA, blt saying pain swore at him, denby complaining about folks ignoring him..........

Have fun,
it is not as bad as it sounds......

Marty
Old 10-07-2009
ancient mariner

captbillc is on a distinguished road
congrats Faster !!! glad to have a steady hand on the tiller. bill carlson
Old 10-07-2009
Siren 17

danjarch will become famous soon enough
Sorry about your luck Faster. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.
!! WARNING !! The above information is to be used by intelligent people only. If you are Stupid, could be considered a moron, or otherwise. You are instructed to disregard this information and seek the help of a licensed and bonded professional.
Old 10-07-2009
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Please give Faster the support you have given me and the other mods.
By support, do you mean to mercilessly harass him and not cut him an inch of slack if he screws up in the smallest of ways? I guess we can handle that.

BTW congrats Faster.

John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"