SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Season cut short! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/58691-season-cut-short.html)

deniseO30 10-07-2009 10:28 AM

Season cut short!

I's notta happy sailor! Army corp called the YC said "move them moorings farther from the channel" ARRRG! My boat is one of the ones out there. Arrrg! Then.. part of our long floating docks broke loose off the swing arms! they had to come out. Arrrg! So.... we pulled my boat yesterday! :( oh well. there's next year! Time to regroup and think about some other things to do on the boat.

sailortjk1 10-07-2009 11:57 AM

sorry to hear that.
what will happen next season, will they be moving the slips to accomadate the Amry Corp of Engineers?
Maybe you can get a jump on next season and start early.

smackdaddy 10-07-2009 12:03 PM

Man - this is the worst part of the year...when boats start coming out of the water. That's just wrong.

deniseO30 10-07-2009 12:08 PM

Sigh.. yes it's a bummer. They are going to dredge the channel again and all our moorings need to be 15 ft outside the bouys. It's becoming a big problem because my YC has grown in 2yrs from a "few sailboats" to 18-20 moored in the river! Anchor Yacht Club - Home Page

Boasun 10-07-2009 01:17 PM

Since I have moved to the state of Louisiana, I've been waiting for the bayous & lakes to freeze over... But that has never happened yet.
Around December it will get down to the sixies here... But that is about it.
When I first moved down here from Oregon, they had a little bit of black ice on I-10 between Lafayette and Baton Rouge... They closed the highway... I laughed and laughed over that.
Where I moved from there can be ice on some of the roads all winter long... You just have to learn to drive on the stuff...
Here in Louisiana they just go slip slidding away...:D :D :D :D :D

chef2sail 10-07-2009 03:07 PM

denise...bring your boat to the Chesapeake. Longer season and you only have to come out every other year.

Dave

Cruisingdad 10-07-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 529746)
denise...bring your boat to the Chesapeake. Longer season and you only have to come out every other year.

Dave

Or South Florida or the carribean... hehehe... evil laugh....

- CD

Cruisingdad 10-07-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deniseO30 (Post 529636)
I's notta happy sailor! Army corp called the YC said "move them moorings farther from the channel" ARRRG! My boat is one of the ones out there. Arrrg! Then.. part of our long floating docks broke loose off the swing arms! they had to come out. Arrrg! So.... we pulled my boat yesterday! :( oh well. there's next year! Time to regroup and think about some other things to do on the boat.

That is a real bummer, but hey, at least maybe it will give you a chance to get out there and do a few projects on the boat. I would try and look at it like that.

Take care... like you said, there is always next year.

Brian