Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
So you'll have fresh bread to toast on those grills!
THere was almost a fight over that one. I kid you not. That damn thing is huge and is a power hog. But she read this thing by Amanda Neal that it was one of the best things she took aboard, fresh bread everyday, etc. I suggested learning how to use the oven. That did not go over as well as you might suspect. Now never mind we never had one last time... but we have to have it this time!? Go Figure.

Anyways, she needed to understand that she was taking up value space for my tools. I told her that. She suggested me trying to eat my tools. I realized that this discussion was not really a discussion with a variable outcome - but rather a declaration of intentions which did not require my approval or even liking it.

So, we have a bread maker on board. Not a small one either. We will be a floating manufacturer for Wonder Bread. But hey... life goes one and I get to sleep in the bed. That seemed to be her compromise.

HEHE!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2009

Undine is on a distinguished road
FYI

I've made bread completely by hand. It is labor-intensive, long, hot, tiring, WORK.

A bread machine will probably cause more than a few fights when our time to cast off comes around.
Old 11-18-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hi Everyone! Here is my update.

I am still in Texas, unfortunately (although I have some great news I will tell you below). My boat ship date is now the second week of December. Bunch of stuff beyond my control. Oh well. I am getting frustrated because the middle of the gulf is not a nice place to be in the middle of winter and I sure do not want to get caught out there in a Northern (been there, done that). But, like I said, it is beyond my control.

So, I am hanging around the forums this week or so trying to blow off some frustration. We closed on our house on the 11th of last week, so I am officially homeless. I was only planning on living across the street with my inlaws (I say I, I mean we, the whole family) for a few days, so we just threw some stuff in a suit case and sent the rest to the boat. Now here we are, stuck here for a few weeks, and scavenging for clothes. What is worse is that we permanently packed up almost all of our cold weather stuff, so we are washing things like jeans every couple of days!!! UGH!! So as you can imagine, I am very frustrated about living out of a suitcase and everything is a dissorganized mess.

On a positive note (1 of 2), this allows us to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with family. They were not expecting this (nor were we). So, we are all getting together for a great big shin-dig.... probably the last for a long while as we will be away. The timining also allows me to spend more time at the boat to do things to it which I might not have done otherwise.

So next week, after the holidays and some before, I will head to the boat and work on it some more. After the holidays, I will be there nearly fulltime. That would be the first week of December. I will also have her pulled, a new bottom job put on, start stripping her down for shipping, and somewhere around the end of that week or beginning of the next, ship her to mobile, AL. From there, we will re-rig her and sail her to either SW Florida or the Tortugas for Christmas.

NOW - THE VERY, VERY POSITIVE NOTE!!!

My son, Chase, got 6th place in UIL Public Reading! Now, that may not sound like a whole lot, but Chase has a speech impairment. He has been in speech most of his life (and still is and probably will be for a long time) trying to learn to speak correctly due to a mechanical defect he has had since he was a baby. SO, for any kid to make UIL is great. But for a kid with a speech impairment to place in UIL (1-6th place makes the team or whatever) that is really awesome! I am so proud of him. It really marks a great step forward in his progress. Only 2 kids in his school made it (4th grade), and he was one.

Pretty cool, huh???

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 11-18-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Wow - very cool CD. Tell Chase congrats.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 11-18-2009
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
I ditto that...very cool indeed.

Sorry to hear of the delays..there is a sliver lining there..as you have more time to reflect on some rushed things.

Thanks for the update CD ..its going to be fun hearing from you more and more now as your adventure takes off.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 11-18-2009
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Great stuff, CD, and definitely kudos to Chase.. Time flies, as we all know and soon enough these delays will be forgotten.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 11-18-2009
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Quote:
My boat ship date is now the second week of December.
I missed this part earlier. What method are you using to move your boat?
La Conner, WA

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 11-18-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by erps View Post
I tell you what he not using, his poor starving delivery skipper friend

Never Forgotten

Old 11-18-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by erps View Post
18 wheeler to Mobile, AL. Then Sail across the gulf.

Sorry Bubb, not even YOU could sail it to the gulf from where she is at right now!!!

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-18-2009

MazeRat7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
I tell you what he not using, his poor starving delivery skipper friend
Ouch!!!

Hey CD, congrats on Chase's accomplishment. My SO has an 11 yo with similar issues and takes a lot of heat from his peers because of it.

Secondly, I too am learning a thing or two about patience where "waiting" on a boat is concerned. Of course I've not sold everything and my plans are not nearly as cool, but I can empathize somewhat.

Keep us posted and good luck,
MZr7
1985 Catalina 36 Tall #404
s/v Peace of Mind
Austin, Tx.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.