Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
My Update

In case anyone is at all interested, I will give you my update. It has been a whirlwind.

WHen I posted my leaving thread, we decided to start interviewing realtors for the house. Like anyone else, I assumed in this market that it would take a while and give us time to finish my projects on the boat and business. Well...

We had the second realtor over. SHe loved the house. We were going out of town for a funeral and rushed her out. I jokingly told her that if she came across any buyers to let me know. We left for the funeral.

ABout two hours later, she showed up, unannounced, with a very nice young family. My kids were running around their house in their underwear while dad was trying to real them in. Needless to say, he was shocked.

THey were at the house a long time. THey left. I got called that night. THey bought it. They want to be moved in and closed before the 11th of November.

THis has gone so fast that I have been certain something would fall apart and have not told anyone but the mods at Sailnet. Needless to say, short of something unprecedented happening, I can officially tell everyone now. We are about to be homeless (at least for one that does not float).

So dad and I have been frantically at my boat trying to get her ready to cross the gulf and mom and Kris have been frantically packing the house. We have been in the middle of a redisign on my electronics and electrical (hope to post pics when done) and it is taking a lot longer than I anticipated, but the truck is supposed to pick up the boat on November 12th and ship her to Mobile, AL. We chose Mobile because the cost was almost the same as Kemah and it is a lot better sail south to Florida... avoiding the rigs. We plan to sail straight across the gulf to Fort Myers Beach, FL, and reside there for some period of time as we work through my business and office moves, etc. Mom and dad are slated to join us around March/April where we will duplicate our trip with their boat and head them south too.

SO, there's my update for the moment. Sorry for all of those I have not gotten back to, but I hope you will understand. We are crazy busy - but excited (and a little nervous) about how quick this is all happening.

We will try and keep you posted and get pics as we can. Thanks for all the thougts!!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2009

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Wow - whirlwind indeed. Methinks you priced your house too low!!!

So, when will you start a blog for us to follow the travels of S/V Catalina BBQ
Old 10-26-2009
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
That's great Brian. I think it's so neat that you will be able to buddy boat with your parents.
La Conner, WA

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 10-26-2009

scottyt is on a distinguished road
congrats on selling the house. maybe time for a monthly apartment to slow the whirlwind.

and why does life say, oh lets tear this apart its a great time, then it throws curve ball, you need the item
Old 10-26-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Very cool, CD. You guys are going to have a blast!

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-26-2009
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Cool

In theses trying times CD it is imperative that one maintain one's coolness at all times.

I am excited for you.

Don't sweat the small stuff. (You will be relegating more and more to that category as time passes.)

You will be amazed at how things that once seemed very important are reduced to insignificance once the fenders are stowed and the watch set.

Old 10-26-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
One large step for mankind......er CD! Who says no new is good news? That's great news. With all this good fortune coming your way. You better buy a lotto ticket!.. ......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 10-26-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
One large step for mankind......er CD! Who says no new is good news? That's great news. With all this good fortune coming your way. You better buy a lotto ticket!.. ......i2f
HEHE! I hear ya! Better yet, I am going to bring the fishing pole and go buy a lure... lucky lure, I hope! A little bull mahi-mahi or Tuna would finish this run off nicely!

I am heading to SW Florida. I know you are NEast, but would lovre to meet some time either in Keys or Bahamas. Keep that in mind as you get closer.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 10-26-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1860 View Post
In theses trying times CD it is imperative that one maintain one's coolness at all times.

I am excited for you.

Don't sweat the small stuff. (You will be relegating more and more to that category as time passes.)

You will be amazed at how things that once seemed very important are reduced to insignificance once the fenders are stowed and the watch set.
If you can make it over here, let me know. How about some pics from your latest trip? I know others would love to see them too!

- Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 10-26-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyt View Post
congrats on selling the house. maybe time for a monthly apartment to slow the whirlwind.

and why does life say, oh lets tear this apart its a great time, then it throws curve ball, you need the item
THe wife says no way on the apartment! In fact, she is selling or giving away half our stuff. She keeps saying something about Cortez burning his ships to prevent retreat... whatever that means (snicker).

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook: