SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   82 Maxi Fenix (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/5941-82-maxi-fenix.html)

sprega 01-01-2003 01:08 PM

82 Maxi Fenix

My wife and I purchased a 28ft Maxi Fenix this past summer. We live in Bremerton, Washington, which is across Puget Sound form Seattle. Although I have heard of Maxis before, this is the first that I have seen. It is a quality Swedish boat that sails very well. I would love to hear from someone who owns one. There is a lot of info on the internet about the boat. However, like the owners manual, it is all in Swedish.(Greek to me)

ewball 10-18-2008 11:13 PM

Your Pelle Peterson boat

Hello

6 years have past since your Maxi Fenix post, hoping your still around. Do you still have your Fenix and what do you think of her? I've been property shopping in the Bremerton area and being out there again renewed the sailing bug. I very much enjoyed a Maxi 77, years ago, in Savannah Ga and have been thinking the Fenix, Maxi 84 or 87 would be perfect for and old part-timer. The only Maxi's I can find, other than Europe, are on the east coast. I'm keeping the fingers crossed. Hopefully you are still sailing.

they won't let me post a link, I'm too new, so add some w's to this (w.maxiowners.org.uk/index1.html)

Ewball

CBinRI 10-19-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewball (Post 386695)
Hello

6 years have past since your Maxi Fenix post, hoping your still around. Do you still have your Fenix and what do you think of her? I've been property shopping in the Bremerton area and being out there again renewed the sailing bug. I very much enjoyed a Maxi 77, years ago, in Savannah Ga and have been thinking the Fenix, Maxi 84 or 87 would be perfect for and old part-timer. The only Maxi's I can find, other than Europe, are on the east coast. I'm keeping the fingers crossed. Hopefully you are still sailing.

they won't let me post a link, I'm too new, so add some w's to this (w.maxiowners.org.uk/index1.html)

Ewball

These boats are very popular in Europe but almost unheard of here. I have a friend who brought one to RI and had a lot of trouble getting it rated for beer can racing because there are so few of them around. He really enjoys it and he got a very good deal.

blt2ski 10-19-2008 12:58 PM

ewball,

plenty of clubs here in PS to ask around and see if one of these is for sale etc, if that is the boat you would like.

Welcome to SN and PS sailing when you get moved here. Lots of sailing to do, races some where pretty much 52 weekends a yr. well, maybe 45-50, but there is a race somewhere during a lot of the weekends, 8-9 months of the yr week night racing. A good sailing community around here. Any way, off to final weekend race for my YC, then we start again in jan.

marty

ewball 10-19-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBinRI (Post 386797)
These boats are very popular in Europe but almost unheard of here. I have a friend who brought one to RI and had a lot of trouble getting it rated for beer can racing because there are so few of them around. He really enjoys it and he got a very good deal.

Found two 77s on the east coast and the prices seem low compared to Europe, but prep and shipping make purchase impractical. Experience/confidence are too low for the "sail one around" dream. Also would love to try a fractional rig when/if I get back into this and other than the 777, even more rare, it looks like I'll have to think a couple of feet longer for a 7/8ths Maxi.
Thx for reply CB

Ewball

ewball 10-19-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blt2ski (Post 386889)
ewball,

plenty of clubs here in PS to ask around and see if one of these is for sale etc, if that is the boat you would like.

Welcome to SN and PS sailing when you get moved here. Lots of sailing to do, races some where pretty much 52 weekends a yr. well, maybe 45-50, but there is a race somewhere during a lot of the weekends, 8-9 months of the yr week night racing. A good sailing community around here. Any way, off to final weekend race for my YC, then we start again in jan.

marty

Thanks Marty
I'll definitly get with a club in the Bremerton area if I get parked out there part time. The property I'm thinking about includes moorage so it would be hard not to take advantage of it.
Again, thanks for welcome. I'll be lurking until I learn enough to ask a semi-inteligent question. ;)

ewball

blt2ski 10-20-2008 08:30 AM

hmmmm, re the semi-intellligent question(s)..........hmmmmmm.............

Considering some of the folks on here, and their questions...........hmmmmmmm...............

I'm still trying to figure out an intelligent one, much less semi, much less non.............hmmmmmm........

Actually, it is probably better to ask, even if it seems a bit dumb. Because if you do not know the answer, it is not a dumb question. So Fire away!

I believe there are two clubs minimum in the Bremerton area, Port Orchard and Bremerton. I would also not be suprised if the Navy does not have something with in the base if you have a military back ground. I can not off the top of my head remember what areas are north. Now that I am typing, WSSC is coming to my brain, "Wast Sound Sailing Club"?!?!?! they sponsor a few races out of that area. There is also Port Madison at the north end of Bainbridge, Port Ludlow and Brownsvill a bit farther north with YC's too.

marty

amschristian 03-14-2011 08:26 AM

This thread is pretty old but the only one I found when i looked for anything related to Maxi Fenix. I just bought one from 1984 and was interested to find other owners...