SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Truant Marine Salt Springs Island

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  PaulinVictoria 
#1 ·
Can anyone put me in touch if this business still exists. I am trying to contact Michael B. who was President. I'm contacting from England.
Barty

#2 ·
I don't believe they are still in business. As you probably know they produced a couple of Bill Garden designs (Truant 33, 37) and, I think, a coachroof version called the Saturna 33.

Don't think they survived the 90s here......

#4 ·
#6 ·
Thanks for the PM James.
When I was down at Canoe Cove marina near Sydney in 2006, the guy that ran the boat brokerage operation said they had the moulds for the Truant 33, although I didn't actually see them. He said they had discussed building them again a few years prior to that but it never went any further than the discussion stage. As far as I know, they still have the moulds.

#8 ·
Thank you so very much for your consideration and reply. Sometime ago my search for Michael Betts ws successful, we have since met in UK and are now in regular contact thanks to the Sailnet Community - keep up the excellent work.
Barty
Colchester UK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.