Clubs or lessons in the St. Pete, FL area - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-05-2009 Thread Starter

Clubs or lessons in the St. Pete, FL area

Hello!

My husband and I are new to sailing and just brought home our first boat - a 25' Lancer. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or comments on some of our local (St. Pete, Tampa area) yacht clubs or sailing schools. Saw an ad for the Boca Ceiga Yacht Club - $225.00 includes 5 night classes and 4 Saturday sails + 3 months of yacht club membership. Not a bad deal and we'll probably take advantage of it, but the next class isn't until March.

Thanks,

Christy
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-05-2009

Congratulations on the boat purchase! I used to own a Lancer 36 in Hawaii until some guy ran it hard aground on a reef off Waikiki beach (a story for another time). For the money, they are great boats. I don't know what your budget is for yacht club membership, but the St Petersburg Yacht Club is a pretty reputable club, with a ton of resources available for sailing/learning to sail etc. Not the cheapest way to go, but a great way to get into the sailing community down there.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-05-2009 Thread Starter

Hi creedence623,

Thanks for the quick response! I've requested info from the St. Pete Yacht Club. We live on Coquina Key, which makes it very convenient to us. They are invite or board approval only from what I understand... Not sure if that's the right "environment" for us, but we love downtown St. Pete and the marina so we'll probably check it out.

Thanks,

CC

"There's nothing wrong with sobriety in moderation."
--John Ciandi

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.