SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   What happened to the message boards this past weekend? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/5970-what-happened-message-boards-past-weekend.html)

tsenator 01-06-2003 05:58 AM

What happened to the message boards this past weekend?

(nm)

DuaneIsing 01-06-2003 06:13 AM

I tried to view the message board all weekend, too, and it was down until sometime this morning. Glad it''s back.

Stede 01-06-2003 08:18 AM

Glad to see the board back. I was starting to go into some type of withdrawls. My fingers would twitch as my eyes glazed over looking at only the Sailnet homepage stuff. It would''ve been nice to complain to someone,but I imagine they were to busy trying to get the board going 8 ^ )

pirateofcapeann 01-06-2003 04:33 PM

Ditto!

jcmannone 01-06-2003 04:35 PM

I have contacted them a couple of times about the problem and asked for an acknowledgement the second time. But, as true to form, I have yet to get them to respond to ANY question either by phone or e-mail. I like this forum, but they sure are leaving me a bad impression about how much they care about potential custimers. Don''t mean to complain, but it is frustrating.

Glad to be back, too
John

phunter 01-06-2003 06:44 PM

bunch of whiners!

halyardz 01-08-2003 12:44 AM

Yah, its frustrating and somewhat poor customer relations. They should just mass email everybody and simply say "its down and we are working on it, sorry for the inconvenience."

pirateofcapeann 01-08-2003 03:45 AM

Hey, what the heck. Weíre getting this podium for free! If they mess up, so what. They donít owe us. Although Iím sort of a newcomer to this site, Iíve met many great people here. This downtime only showed to me how much I appreciate you all and this venue.

Although my Jesse Boyce is still in commission and ready to sail in a momentís notice, weíre not going anywhere right now. Weíve had snow here for 10 of the last 11 days. Itís snowing now and more snow is expected tonight. So, if I canít actually be out there, I can get together with youíse (Gloucesterism) and discuss, what for most of us here is our favorite pastime: Sailing!

I think the people at Sailnet deserve a thank you for keeping this site maintained as well as they do!

Okay, wipe those tears, hoist the Sailnet pennants and letís get back on the oleí soapbox!

Pi

kokopelli9 01-08-2003 04:01 AM

I''ll second that, Pirate! I certainly missed reading all the messages. It was good to have the BB back and the people at Sailnet get a BIG pat on the back for maintaining this site for all of us to enjoy!

My thanks to them!