Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010
Moody 46

orthomartin is on a distinguished road
Solar Stik

Solar Stik has been amazing. I had a "stik" failure, no fault of the company at all but rather a really bad installation done at Manitowoc Marine, Stik broke in the St. Lawrence near Quebec City. The company sent me all new parts, instructions, phoned me, all at NO COST. They even called a couple months later to see if all was ok. Then a few months later in the Chesapeake I forgot to collapse the panels and hit a high dock piling and broke one of the panels. The company sent a guy to me with a new panel, again, NO CHARGE. Crazy but true

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2010

Tempest is on a distinguished road
I owe Special thanks to the Guys at the " Boat Place" in Port Jefferson, NY who spent 4 hours finding a part for me...that turned out to be 50 miles away....then coordinated a cab company to pick it up and deliver it to me.

The sale wasn't even theirs...
Old 01-01-2010
Mark on Camper 58

NICHOLSON58 is on a distinguished road
I like our marina/ship yard in Muskegon, Michigan, Torresen Marine. They let you work in the yard, provide expert service. They have been especially helpful on the re-paint AWL GRIP job. We did most of the prep work & masking and their artist made it look like new for about 1/5 of the cost we'd expected.

West is expensive but very helpful and most stores have someone pretty competent and knowledgeable.

I've found the on-phone contacts for technical assistance for both Interlux and Petit to be exceptionally helpful and that they had no trouble recommending the other guy's bottom paint over their bottom sealer and how to make the bond layer work. Also pointed out that the on-can instructions for this were no good.

LED lights. Marine Beam, Bibi, Signalmate - all three first class. I've spent a lot of time with all of these guys on line, on phone and at shows. I have some of each so far and will have more.
Old 02-02-2010

tausap is on a distinguished road
I have always had excellent service from Defender Marine. Great customer service, fast delivery, easy returns or exchanges. Very fair.
Old 02-02-2010

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Sailrite has taken good care of us in many ways.
canucksailorguy likes this.
Old 02-05-2010
ex-Navy

bloodhunter is on a distinguished road
For really exception quality wood working. Phipps Boat Works at Herrington Harbour North is the place to go. Buster is a perfectionist who won't let anything out that isn't absolutely right. I had them do a teak and holly floor in my boat because the curves both horizontal and vertical were more than I could handle. All I can say is that the job was absolutely amazing. It was very expensive but IMHO worth every penny.
I also have had good experiences at Fawcetts in Annapolis. They have knowlegeable people who can answer questions about expensive hardware.Hope they keep it up at their new address.
I also want to put in a good word for West Marine, People at all the stores I've been in have been uniformly friendly and helpful and in some of the stores really knowlegeable.
Actually I've had pretty good experiences with almost all the vendors I've dealt with. The onl;y problem I've had is wioth getting parts for my Volvo diesel. It's like when you place and order they go out and mine the ore, fabircate the pieces, put it together and then finally ship it. They do build good engines though.
Old 02-05-2010

Allanbc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourdegreesc View Post
Blue Water Ships store, Houston and Corpus Christi - great supply shop, they'll get anything you need. They were particularly helpful when I repowered my last boat.
Bluewater Ships Store has already closed its Corpus Christi store and is in the process of closing its Houston store. Last week, everything in the store was 25% off.

Difference between a power boater and a sailor out on the water: A power boater is going some place special, a sailor is already there.

s/v Zotz 1981 Pearson 365 Ketch Hull #375
Old 02-05-2010

kaluvic is on a distinguished road
I bought/ordered a SS Rocna from Suncoast Marine
It was shipped from NZ to Miami to be included in a larger shipment of boat stuff being sent to me in Leb.

When my buddy went to pick it up, he found that it was Galv. not SS.
With in 3 days the factory had air freighted the replacement SS one while we still had possession of the Galv. one.

That spoke volumes to me...
Once we received our replacement the first anchor was picked up by a local rep.

This purchase was all handled through Mark at Suncoast Marine LTD and I could not have asked for better service.
Old 02-13-2010

Parclan is on a distinguished road
Quantum Sails in Kemah, TX, See Mr. Terry Flynn - unbelievably great customer service and support.
Old 02-13-2010

Stu Jackson is on a distinguished road
Northern California Suppliers And Vendors