Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011
Mark on Camper 58

NICHOLSON58 is on a distinguished road
As much as I agree with the "Worst Marine" moniker, they have a policy now to match any on-line price you can show for the exact item. My guys in Muskegon Michigan on Henry Street even will do a look-up on the spot at the register and have often found lower prices than I. Still pay sales tax but I also get the frequent 'boat candy' points on my rewards card.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2011

Melbournian is on a distinguished road
We had great service and good prices with the following
vendors when we bought our 42 catalina.
Camelia Fox of Full Sail Marine in Puerto Vallarta who did covers and side panels.
Thad Bowes of Rainier who replaced our hard dodger enclosures.
John Bennett of north sails. Not only was the asy spinnaker works beautifully
They send it via tjiuana so we don't have to pay the crazy Mexican tax.

Have to say we were really disappointed with Defender. They sent the kit for our
Watermaker to wrong address twice. Then we were told that the kit might not be able to
Be delivered to Mexico. It ended up somewhere and we were never refunded. The back and forth took several weeks. It was frustrating and we are out of pocket of over 200$ US
It's not a lot of money but we couldn't check out the watermaker whilst we were in PV.
Old 07-26-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Electromaax

Long story short I have been looking for a new supplier of alternators, regs and pulley kits due to some "quality" issues I have been seeing pop up on a more regular basis with other manufacturers.

About a month ago I began working with Electromaax out of Canada, I believe they also ship out of the US as well, and these guys have been FABULOUS.

John has been prompt when returning my calls, answers the phone and has bent over backwards to accommodate some of my needs and my customers needs including adding the manufacturing of a serpentine pulley kit for a Universal M-25 engine to their line up, which NO ONE currently offered.

I am going to first install a kit on my own boat before jumping in with both feet on a customers boat but I trust it will work out based on my research and how accommodating Electromaax has been. They even went so far as to custom machine, for a slight added fee, the crank pulley to accommodate my custom Sea Frost refrigeration pulley. In order to do this John actually contacted Cleve at Sea Frost and bought the pulley so it would be a PERFECT fit for me!!! Wow!! Most companies will never go to this length to satisfy a customer.

During my research I also contacted a MAJOR sailboat builder who has been using Electromaax alts on all their boats above 36 feet. They have not had a single failure, and they switched for a reason.

All I can honestly report on currently is how well I have been treated thus far. When I get the product installed I will report more.

I would say that when looking for a new high performance alternator to not over look Electromaax

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 07-26-2011

ccher is on a distinguished road
Defender, West Marine (at least the local store in Deltaville), Bosun Supplies (great selection of anything stainless at good prices), Sail Annapolis (can't say enough about the broker there-John Middleton-who sold me my current boat and went above and beyond to address survey issues and other things to make the puchase a really good experience), Jennings Boatyard (best damn no-nonsense boatyard I've experienced by a long shot) and Onancock Town Wharf (always make at least one stop there annually on my Chesapeake cruising-simple, friendly and relatively inexpensive.) I can't think of a bad vendor-all I've dealt with have been okay to great.
Old 07-28-2011
old guy :)

rikhall will become famous soon enough
2hp Honda quit Monday in Belfast while we are on our vacation in Maine and the little Zodiac rows terrible. Cathy - the Harbour Master in Belfast recommended Mark - at Mobile Marine (207-610-3279) He picked it up in Belfast Monday at 1600 and just delivered to me at 1600 today (Thursday) Price was within $5.00 of the quoted "best guess". Runs great - I recommend Mark!

Cheers

Rik
Old 09-05-2011

StephenP is on a distinguished road
Rob Burton at Blue Water Spars in North Vancouver, British Columbia does very good work. Recently did a ton of work on the '74 Tartan 30 I crew on, really improving it and making it easier for the skipper to cruise. He loves making old boats perform better than anyone expects.
Old 09-07-2011

SailerDoc2 is on a distinguished road
Outboard motor repair......Boat doctor in Melbourne, fl

I have no interest in company despite name.
Old 09-13-2011

weinie is on a distinguished road
FX sails.... top notch service.
Old 10-31-2011

BVIchick is on a distinguished road
customsailingshirts.com awesome custom shirts for the crew!
Old 11-29-2011
1982 Skye 51

obelisk is on a distinguished road
Defender

West System

TAD - Trans-Atlantic Diesel of Gloucester, VA

can't say enough about the helpful, friendly service i have gotten from all three!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.