Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
Super LED Anchor light vendor!

Bebi Electronics-Home of the Finest Marine LED Lighting Products on Sea (or Earth)! .... based out of an island in the Fiji group...these guys are....

Pros it seems and their OWL anchor light is superb and really cheap...check their site for sure if your in the market for an anchor light...I got mine about 10 days ago and it's doing great on my batteries....the shipping is cheap...the LED anchor light I got was warm white...15 LED's mounted in a smart PVC end cap casing...had a light sensor option ...and with shipping from Fiji arrived quickly and hurt me to the total tune of about 40 bucks!...They have a great lil' website...

Bebi Electronics-Home of the Finest Marine LED Lighting Products on Sea (or Earth)!!

happy Sails.!!..Morgan in SW Florida
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2011
Mark on Camper 58

NICHOLSON58 is on a distinguished road
I have several BIBI lights. Jeff collaborated with me to design a WINDEX light. I have two (mizzen & main) and they are great. Ask him about one for your boat. Really bright and powered off the nav light. I also bought some for the interior cabin. BIBI is great to work with.
Old 12-16-2011

peterchech is on a distinguished road
Has anyone mentioned R&W ropes? They have pretty good prices, and the customer service agent actually worked to save me money by recommending I buy excess lines for a 20% discount on most of the shorter (under 100') lengths of line I needed. Time and time again, the agent recommended ways of saving money on the order. So when the agent recommended I spend a little more for a braided mainsheet, I trusted them and went with the upsell.

Unfortunately the order got entered incorrectly and they forgot to send part of it, but were very apologetic and I got what was missing shipped out to me immediately.
Old 12-16-2011

peterchech is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljour2000 View Post
Bebi Electronics-Home of the Finest Marine LED Lighting Products on Sea (or Earth)! .... based out of an island in the Fiji group...these guys are....

Pros it seems and their OWL anchor light is superb and really cheap...check their site for sure if your in the market for an anchor light...I got mine about 10 days ago and it's doing great on my batteries....the shipping is cheap...the LED anchor light I got was warm white...15 LED's mounted in a smart PVC end cap casing...had a light sensor option ...and with shipping from Fiji arrived quickly and hurt me to the total tune of about 40 bucks!...They have a great lil' website...

Bebi Electronics-Home of the Finest Marine LED Lighting Products on Sea (or Earth)!!

happy Sails.!!..Morgan in SW Florida
Thanks I am in the market and am checking them out. How do you mount these lights though? They seem to be simply an end-capped pvc pipe with no mounting plates...

Last edited by peterchech; 12-16-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2011

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
bebi electronics Owl LED anchor light.....mounting issues

There are three holes around the base of the PVC endcap....but not enough lip to really glue a piece of PVC pipe or any other stem/extension thingy onto very well...the holes dont really give you much "bite" when screwed into from outside into whatever pvc stem/extension one uses due to they are drilled a bit too close to the bottom of the endcap ...I sanded the PVC pipe and inside the end cap and glued them together with epoxy...seemed to work well but in retrospect...plain old PVC glue may have sufficed but I seem to grapple with an overconfidence in "the final solution...epoxy it!" syndrome...hope Bebi electronics may be checking this post and will chime in with help in this regard...its seems a great product...the OWL LED's....but too bad they cant leave a bit more room for some pvc or whatever tube to lip onto and also take screws better into the endcap with...

Last edited by souljour2000; 12-18-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2012

jsaronson is on a distinguished road
marinepartdepot.com for stainless steel fittings at amazing prices
Atlantic spars and rigging in Annapolis
A second on Osprey Marine in Deale Md. Top work, fair price.
Karl's Marine Service for diesels around Annapolis.
Old 02-23-2012
Vets

dennisvetter is on a distinguished road
MASTER CRAFT BOAT COVERINGS, RICHMOND, BC

Frank Mastar and crew made a dodger for our 1970 C&C Redwing which was a real work of all around craftsmanship. We wanted something not only functional but very flexible/modular and aesthetically pleasing to the lines of our lovely old boat. We got what we asked for, and more. We can't say enough good about what he and his team put together for us. They listened to and responded to everything we asked for in a dodger. They were also a real pleasure to work with. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 02-23-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
We've heard good things about them too.. and liked what we've seen of his work.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 03-10-2012
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Re: Very Good Vendor Thread

SSMR Inc., Florida.

aka Mr. and Mrs. Knothead.

Our lifelines were due for replacement. A fellow sailnet member, JRD22, recommended SSMR Inc. after using them to replace the lifelines on his boat.

So I pulled off the lifelines. They fit in one of those 1st Class mail boxes available at the post office. I mailed them out to SSMR Inc. on Friday. They called me up on Monday to let me know they had arrived and asked a few follow up questions about the chicken scratch measurements I included in the box.

About a week later, I had a box of lifelines delivered with a bill inside. I just got back from the boat today after installing them. The lifelines were labeled with little string tags so I didn't have to guess where they went. I stuck with the white vinyl coating. I examined the joints where the vinyl and the swagged fittings met and they were tight and even. I never cared for our gate pelican hooks, so Knothead put some new ones on. Boy they look nice.

So the guy in the slip across from me saw me putting on the new lifelines and asked about it. I told him I used an outfit in Florida. He said he replaced his lifelines a few years ago with a local outfit in Port Townsend. His boat is a 37' boat. Mine is a 40' boat. He paid more for his local lifelines than I did for mine, so I'm pretty happy that I got fast service, a good job and a good price.

THANKS Knothead!
smackdaddy likes this.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 03-20-2012
Blue Honu

shanker is on a distinguished road
Re: Very Good Vendor Thread

A big thumbs up to TED CORLETT at BOOMKICKER!!!

I ordered and paid for two boomkickers, via internet, from Kelly Hanson out of Colorado. He never shipped them. Stopped returning calls, emails etc...I was given Teds number from a fellow member and told to call him and explain what happened. He knew the vendor and he called them himself and started investigating. Of course the story was first there were some accounting issues, then I never paid for them, then he had shipped them. Excuse after excuse. He looked into each excuse and realised there were others as well that this has happened to.

Ted finally got serious with him and at the end of the day, I believe, ended his relationship with the vendor. This guy (Arthur) is now based out of Seattle and his web site is Peaksails.com. To quote Babu from Seinfeld..."he is a berry baaaad man". Buyer beware when doing business with him.

Ted on the other hand, Ted sent me two Boomkickers and I picked up the shipping to Canada ($54). I made the original purchase in July of 2011, Ted got involved sometime in October and last week, March 9th, the Boomkickers showed up on my doorstep. What a beautifully made product, I can't wait to install and eliminate my topping lift. More importantly, Ted believes in his product and completely stands buy it. Totally over and above service. This dragged on for months and it would have been easy for Ted to let it go. He did not and I was the one out $400. Thank you Ted!!

If you haven't looked at a BOOMKICKER, I recomend you do. (Buy from a reputable vendor or directly at boomkicker.com)

Shanker