Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009

silverbranch is on a distinguished road
Thanks again for the contest.

One great resource I have found for my phone is iPhone Apps, Deals and Discovery at App Shopper. You can search for apps there and when you find ones you like click on the "Want It" box, and it will alert you via email when that app goes on sale. It also shows the price history so if you're thinking of buying something and you see it goes on sale pretty often you can wait if you like. You can also track apps you own and it alerts you via email when they're updated. Which is good if you deleted something and would like to try it again after they make changes.

There are also apps that track sale/free apps and alert you such as BargainBin (my favorite) and PandoraBox but I find the website works best for me.

Last edited by silverbranch; 11-18-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: fixed link
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
PMs have gone out to all the winners.

Again my thanks to Jim from TheDigitalForge for doing this. I'm sure he will value any feedback he receives.

Sew eye reckun weave herd awl oui knead two here.

Thanks to you all for participating.

SailHog my dear old friend, trust the injured twin is back to its perky self.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 11-18-2009

n0w0rries is on a distinguished road
Installed the apps this morning. I can't wait to give it a try on the water. Just last weekend I turned downwind... the boat came to a standstill... I'm looking at the sails... looking at other boats... what am I doing wrong?

Now you'll see me looking at my sails... looking down at my iphone... looking back up... scratching my head... lol
Old 11-18-2009

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Super Fuzz,
Man, I can barely contain my rage! You are definitely not feeling my pain.... Last night I headed off to the outhouse to off-load some Tex-Mex at our neighbor's outhouse. Anyway, as I'm crawling across the barbed wire fence that separates our property without any britches on, I caught a snag.... That's right! Tore it right open!

Now, if you were really feeling my pain....