SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Happy Thanks Giving... On your Boat??

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  RealityCheck 
#1 ·
I wish that everyone here have a Happy thanks Giving!
Even if you are in Europe or elsewere.

Happy Thanks Giving to our Armed Forces Where Ever They Are

Now how many of you are having that Turkey dinner on your BOAT??:rolleyes:

#4 ·
Leaving in minutes for our traditional Thanksgiving breakfast with some good friends..it's their house this year..:)... Then Sharing the day on land with family for dinner later today at my parents house...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

#6 ·
In my first 11 years of Navy duty, I missed nearly every Thanksgiving (and Xmas) due to either being out at sea, or on duty while in port. Things got better after I shifted to the naval reserves. So, to those on patrol I say Happy Thanksgiving and thank you.

I rowed out to Hull 1137 (until I chose a name), and cleaned her up a bit but I'll eat my turkey on the beach this year.

#7 ·
It's all very well and good for you lot but what about the death and destruction your holiday represents.

The slaughter of innocent Cranberries is an utter disgrace. :p

Happy Thanksgiving peoples. :)

#8 ·
I ate my turkey on land, but this morning we were frostbiting. I had my foulies in the truck but rushed out of the house without my sailbag, so I had no gloves or change of clothes in case of MOB (Me Over Board), & with the air temps being a mere 39 with breezes at a decent clip when I got there, well, I chose not to sail. I went on the committeeboat instead & called the finishes. It was still fun, even though I froze. But I froze dry.

#9 ·
This year as in the past few, Thanksgiving is a shore event that compresses not only Thanksgiving but Christmas, New Years and a couple of Birthdays with family and friends. I then in a few days, head off to the boat for the Winter sailing season in the Caribbean only this time it is on a one way ticket with no return date..... wonder what next Thanksgiving will be like or Where it will be.

Always love this compressed day of Thanks...allows me to get to the meat of life being with family and Friends then... sailing/cruising with out the difficulty of attempting to ship or receive items at other times.

Hope everyone had as great a day of Thanks as I did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.