SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   So what do we do here? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/60308-so-what-do-we-do-here.html)

smackdaddy 12-04-2009 08:53 PM

So what do we do here?

I curious...who are the members from L&A here? I'm just wondering what the JV is supposed to be about. They seem like a fun crowd, and definitely know how to throw a party.

So how do we crank this thing up? I can start spinning some Jimmy Cliff if that will get some people out on the floor.

irwin325cc 12-07-2009 12:55 AM

Hey Smackdaddy,

I have thought the same thing as I do enjoy the Mag. but why is there a section for L & A or Seafairing Magizine as it goes by now days.

Maybe if the good ole' Bob Bitch'in would make a drop in it would take off. I have dropped in a few times to see what was go'in on in there and have yet to find anything.

SD i'm also a TX sailor. Hope to see ya on the water.

CalebD 12-07-2009 02:05 AM

I was wondering the same thing as all I hear on this forum is chricketes. JV = Junior Varsity and SD = sailing daily? I don't know what to think.
Ole Bob Bitch'in could drop in and I wouldn't even know if he did.
Good on ya' ole Bob.
Crickets...
Yawn.

smackdaddy 12-07-2009 11:13 AM

Alright - we're all confused. So...

Dear Mr. Bitchin',

We would like to formally request a brief audience. We think this JV is a cool idea, but so far it's been like a Junior High dance where we're all sitting around the dance floor, drinking flat punch, adjusting our bowties, and looking longingly at the ladies as "I Can't Fight This Feelin' Anymore" blares over the PA.

Let's get this party started, dude!

Sincerely,

The above three SN members.

smackdaddy 12-14-2009 09:46 AM

Wow - completely stiff-armed by Bob? Ouch.

Maybe this week.

irwin325cc 12-14-2009 11:28 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................... . I was asleep. I,ve been sitting waiting for Bobs reply. Oh no, he could have tryed to post exactly when we did and not gone through.
If so Bob try another time and we will sit patiently waiting.
Kewl.

smackdaddy 12-14-2009 11:49 AM

Good point Irwin. We should stop posting so his will come through.

Okay - I'll stop posting.......now!

(Go ahead Bob)

smackdaddy 12-14-2009 11:59 AM

Ahmm....Bob?

Take it Bob!

MtnMike 12-15-2009 04:04 PM

Hey, I should keep up on things here. I talked to him at the St. Pete FL boat show a few times. If I had known I could have told him he was being haled. Talked to him at the "Cruisers Party" but he might not have thought I was serious cause I might have dranks a bit.:D

smackdaddy 12-15-2009 04:18 PM

If you were completely hammered at a "Crusiers Party" you were definitely legit.

You didn't do anything weird like hug him and mumble "I love you, man" did you?