SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Floating Doctors, are they back from their voyage yet? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/60417-floating-doctors-they-back-their-voyage-yet.html)

gtod25 12-08-2009 09:14 PM

Floating Doctors, are they back from their voyage yet?

Just asking! ;)

tdw 12-08-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtod25 (Post 549243)
Just asking! ;)

Have they even left yet ?

Website has not been updated for some time now either.

xsboats 12-09-2009 05:07 AM

According to local advertisements, they are "getting ready to leave".BTW, I'm getting ready to be a grandfather.[as soon as my 3yr. old grows up,gets married, etc...]

joethecobbler 12-19-2009 10:16 AM

I think there still looking for Dreamers, er, "donations" last I heard they were leaving weeks ago ! (yea right)
I think they are having another fundraiser this week, must be getting low on the last haul of cash I found this on there web sight;

Holiday Fundraiser for Floating Doctors in Palm Coast, FL
December 22, 2009
7-9pm at the VFW Post #8696 47 Old Kings Rd. Palm Coast, FL 32137 Join us for cocktails and a raffle with thousands of dollars of prizes! Perfect for last minute Christmas Gifts! Proceeds go to Floating Doctors to cover their last expenses needed to set sail!

When will it end ? the stream of gullible people continuing to hand over there money to this group who, in my opinion will most likely NEVER leave the dock ?
each "event" they contrive is put forth as being the pre-curser to departure.
I'm amazed. As a veteran of the US armed forces I'm dissapointed that this post is being used to promote this obvious farce.

imagine2frolic 12-19-2009 10:21 AM

joe,

Most likely a lot of these donators are dreamers themselves. They are actually funding their own dream by donating.........i2f

smackdaddy 12-19-2009 10:29 AM

Do they at least have a budget on their site that shows their goal for what constitutes enough money to shove off? I didn't see one - but I didn't dig too deep either.

Without a clear financial budget and goal I'd agree with you joe. They're a black hole with non-profit status.

motorboater 12-21-2009 09:36 AM

I'm not surprised they are holding another fund raiser 12/22 in order to exploit the holiday season. They are now 42 days late on their latest deadline to shove off. This non-profit is an embaressment to all honest and above board non-profits.

joethecobbler 12-26-2009 02:28 PM

Not only does it give 501c3 non -profit a dim overview. It could potentially damage the already fragile public opinion of non-commercial travel by sail as well as public opinion of those whom chose to live-aboard, er "extendedly cruise".
As far as the Medical practice aspect, well, they've already got enough problems.
Sounds like a job for a local TV "outing" of course it would probably only further the farce.

gtod25 01-06-2010 09:12 AM

Crew vacancy on Floating Doctors....

Jon Resnick Clinical Director and Southern Wind Crew

"
Itís time for me to return to California, get a job, and train seriously hard for jiu jitsu competitions and a potential cage fight I might have in a few months."

Only those with minimal medical training and absolutely no sailing experience (most on this board should qualify on the latter requirement) should apply. :rolleyes:
I'm still not saying that they can't do it!!!!

smackdaddy 01-13-2010 01:57 PM

Floating Doctors,

Port-au-Prince. Now is your chance to do good.

Go.