Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Oh Joy has a Luke Model 5. Ugliest damned thing in the world (the top) because it's cast aluminum but to clean it ya just throw it overboard on the end of a line. Ours has a hot spot in the front of the oven that I need to fix but it's the biggest oven I've ever seen on a sailing yacht.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2009
48' wood S&S yawl

cormeum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
Oh Joy has a Luke Model 5. Ugliest damned thing in the world (the top) because it's cast aluminum but to clean it ya just throw it overboard on the end of a line. Ours has a hot spot in the front of the oven that I need to fix but it's the biggest oven I've ever seen on a sailing yacht.
Old 12-11-2009

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
Not familiar with the luke stove, but the soapstone fireplace that was in the 1954 S&S 42' Yawl was original and a thing of beauty...it was built in flush to the forward port salon bulkhead and had a small, lovely hearth. I doubt they make them like that anymore.
Old 12-11-2009

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
Cormeum, thanks so much for the link to the Luke website I wasn't aware that they stilll were making those firepplaces. I was delighted to poor overthe website and all the Luke History and registry of the boats they built, among them was Delight, the 39'6" (not 42' as I previously stated) yawl that I had worked on restoring a few years back. I am now saving my pennies for that fireplace...boy would that be nice tonight , what with the below freezing weather, and the fierce winds blowing out here tonight. Guess for now I will turn up the electric heater and ge3t my ambiance from the oil lamp Rick
Old 12-11-2009
48' wood S&S yawl

cormeum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsailor View Post
Cormeum, thanks so much for the link to the Luke website I wasn't aware that they stilll were making those firepplaces. I was delighted to poor overthe website and all the Luke History and registry of the boats they built, among them was Delight, the 39'6" (not 42' as I previously stated) yawl that I had worked on restoring a few years back. I am now saving my pennies for that fireplace...boy would that be nice tonight , what with the below freezing weather, and the fierce winds blowing out here tonight. Guess for now I will turn up the electric heater and ge3t my ambiance from the oil lamp Rick
Luke is one of the few remaining places that still makes things '"like they used to". Really nice these days.

I've always been happy with what I've gotten from them.
Old 12-12-2009
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
Charlie, every time you post an update I think, he can't be doing anything more and low and behold there it is. Awesome. Going to be a great lil boat when you are done. Look forward to more.

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.