SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Please help with dream

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Lostmt 
#1 ·
My name is Vernon and my life has taken a drastic change. For the better part of my life I have always lived it for other people. Now that relationship has ended it is finally my turn to start living it for myself. I will be leaving Palm BaY FL. on the first of the year and have no direction. I am looking to rent a space on person or couple liveaboard and hopefully learn also the dynamics of sailing. I am not rich but get weekly un-employment check and will help also with extras if person or couple are kind hearted such as fuel, food, etc. I don't care where you are located and can make my way their. I do not drink/drug or on the run. Iam clean cut and shaven in great health with strong work ethics. I use to be an electrician before getting in the gym business. That was before she got the business. I have walked away from everything and have only the clothes that i own, some tools and a few dollars. So if you need help in cutting costs and want to make a person's dream come true then I am begging you for your help.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
endevour,

You're being more than a little harsh me thinks. Drawing unemployment insurance benifits that Cautious has paid into hardly puts him into the category of "drag on society". We know nothing really of why he is jobless at this point in his life. And the drawing of those benifits are contingient on him continually searching for work. Why don't we let the people that might consider his offer decide whether he's worthy? ;)

#5 ·
endevour,
Keep working hard I need to keep my SS check to keep coming in.

Unless you have been homeless and without work you have know idea how a person feels.

Its hard for those standing at to corner at WalMart with their little sign asking for help. Not a hand out but help to get back on their feet. Life deals us hands we don't need or want at time.

I've been homeless and jobless so I can speak from experience. Never stood a WalMart but did share my dogs food with my dog. Keep us both alive. Once at the bottom the climb out is very hard. People tag you as a bum which you are not. Just down on you luck.

#7 ·
Jeff,

For what it's worth, I didn't think endevour's remark was as egregious as it was misguided. At least not enough so to brand him a "personal attacker" without giving others the benefit of reading what he said. Frankly, I am much more offended by the forum's PC censorship than what endevour had to say. I know, I know, board rules and such, but that's just my opinion. Maybe it would be better to completely delete the posts that relate to endevour's remarks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.