Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
Wristbands and flag showed up today.

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010
Re-Member

welshwind is on a distinguished road
I see there are some people who are commenting they aren't going to be able to make it due to boat issues. Feel free to drive in for the gathering if you are close enough. I believe there are some folks driving up from Chicago for the Reefpoint event. You don't have to arrive by boat to participate, show your support and have a good time.

"To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.”
- Oliver Wendel Holmes
Old 08-16-2010
Re-Member

It was a beautiful day for a sail in Reefpoint Sunday. As you can see, plenty of wind. Here's hoping it is just as nice in two weeks for the Sail with Courtney event!

"To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.”
- Oliver Wendel Holmes

Last edited by welshwind; 08-16-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2010

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
That photo makes my heart swell with pride! Thank you very much for posting it. Regards Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

Old 08-16-2010
Re-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
That photo makes my heart swell with pride! Thank you very much for posting it. Regards Mike
Happy to do it and you should feel proud. I hope that I will get to meet you face-to-face in Reefpoint in a couple of weeks.

- Oliver Wendel Holmes
Old 08-16-2010

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwind View Post
Happy to do it and you should feel proud. I hope that I will get to meet you face-to-face in Reefpoint in a couple of weeks.
Nothing short of death could stop me from being there. I will see you there!

Never Forgotten

Last edited by bubb2; 08-16-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2010
Mostly Harmless

ReverendMike will become famous soon enough
Oh wow, I'm glad I saw this before the date, will have to take the laser out if at all possible.

Thank you (again) Bubb, for sharing your daughter with us, she changed so many lives.

I missed you guys.

Not sure I'm back or not...

"... the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my alloted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze." - Richard Bode, First you have to row a little boat (pg. 94)

Last edited by ReverendMike; 08-17-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: cuz
Old 08-17-2010

Reverend, it is good to hear from you! I have missed your Witt. Do to some hard work by a number Sail with Courtney took on a life of it own. Even though Courtney his lent her name to the event, it's not about her. Everyone knows a Courtney. Someone that cancer took to early or someone that is battling this Mister. We wish to put an end to it. Wouldn't it great if it was the dollars that we all raised puts an end to this.

Mike if you can, please join us in Racine, WI on the 28th.

It is so good to hear from you, Mike

Never Forgotten

Old 08-19-2010

justified is on a distinguished road
Very proud and excited

I just got my Sail with Courtney Flag in the mail the other day can't wait to get it on the boat. I will be out there on Long Island Sound on the 28th even though there is not an organized event going for the LIS area.
Bubb thank you for sharing your life with us. We have all been affected Greatly and I will be sailing that day and every time I'm out with all those who have pasted away and all those who are surviving or have survived in my thoughts and preys.

Peter
Frayed (use to be "Justified")
Old 08-24-2010

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
I can honestly tell you that the Reef Point Marina in Racine Wisconsin is ready for our event.
The staff there has gone above and beyond the call. When we checked in on Saturday, all of the staff members were proudly wearing their “Sail with Courtney” bracelets. Any time throughout the weekend that we saw a staff member, they were still displayed. There are unknown boats docked in the marina displaying the “Sail with Courtney” flag. One such vessel is docked right outside the pool were we just happened to be cooling off yesterday afternoon.
The Clevenger family has arrived and all are excited for the up coming weekend.
We sailed over on Friday night. It was a bit of a challenge as conditions were not the best.
We had lots of rain on and off and very heavy at times along with lots of wind at times, but the best part or worst depending on how you look at it, was the fact that we had complete cloud coverage. No moon and no stars all night long; it was if we were sailing off into the black abyss. I can tell you that I have been on sails as dark but never one darker. No horizon, nothing but black out in front of you and all around you stretching for miles and miles from horizon to horizon. It was very cool.
I think even young Michael even was a bit impressed. At first he was unsure, but I told him it would be a good experience for him and in the end, I believe he was glad he did it. Well, he really did not have much of a choice being he was on board my boat.
I have to give a special thanks to Welsh Wind/Dave.
He went out of his way to greet us at the dock and he had plenty of volunteers ready to help man lines when we arrived. I think he took one look at me behind the helm and said, “This guy is in trouble. We better give him a hand.”
Besides doing all of that, he has done a great job of spreading the word among all of the marina patrons and posting fliers around the marina. Thanks Welsh.
See you all next weekend!
Everybody involved is looking forward to an awesome event!

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White