A Sail with Courtney - Page 3 - SailNet Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 187 Old 01-05-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to dacap06
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
If there's a Chesapeake chapter of the Courtney fan club, we're there! If there isn't a Chesapeake subgroup yet, let's start one.
Eryka,

Count me as a member of the Chesapeake group!

DaCAP

T. P. Donnelly
S/V Tranquility Base
1984 Islander 30 Bahama
Pasadena, MD
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 187 Old 01-06-2010

The evening of Dec 31 we were clearing Hilton Head Island and heading for open water. When we got Hawg's boat settled down under sail on the rhumb line to Jacksonville, Tim told me what Jim (T34C) was planning.

Jim, I can't tell you how taken back I was. My heart skipped a few beats. My family and myself will support you 100% in this endeavor.

Courtney would/will be overwhelmed that a day in her name will be designated to bring together Friends and family, Sailors and her cancer sisters. If we could put a couple dollars together for the Young Survivors Coalition it would be all the better. This is how she would want to be remembered. It is just so right! Thank you so much!

Jim, the timing of your announcement did not go unnoticed. Courtney was born under a full moon and she left us under a full moon. Many of the major events of her life happened under a full moon. I took the helm of Hawg's boat under a full moon the night of the 31st. 1000 yards out in front of the boat the moon light was hitting the water with such a brilliant shimmer. I sailed all night letting the moon light on the water guide me. I didn't have to look at the GPS. Yes, that moon beam was Courtney showing us the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bubb2; 01-06-2010 at 09:15 AM.
post #23 of 187 Old 01-06-2010
Tartan 37C

Eryka,

You can count SOLARE in on the Chesapeake flotilla!

SOLARE
T-37 #442
post #24 of 187 Old 01-06-2010 Thread Starter
Thanks Courtney.

The rendezvous in Racine will be at Skipper Buds Reefpoint Marina.
Skipper Marine - Wisconsin : Skipper Marine - Wisconsin

This is a great facility only 1 1/2 blocks from downtown Racine and all the eating, drinking, and shopping anyone could want. They have offered us a group discounted rate for this event of $1.30/ft per night as long as we have 10 or more boats.

Can someone locate a good spot for the group that is forming in the Chesapeake? Anyone want to be the lead for that group? I'd be happy to help remotely.

hunter Legend 37 Semper Paratus
Formerly - Tartan 34C Yawl
post #25 of 187 Old 01-06-2010

Courtney is def smiling about this. It continues to amaze me and warm my heart that our family wasn't the only ones who saw how special Courtney was. I will def try to be there. Will there be flags for us landlubbers to fly on our land yachts (aka Ford Winstars )?
post #26 of 187 Old 01-10-2010 Thread Starter
Thanks Courtney.

bump

hunter Legend 37 Semper Paratus
Formerly - Tartan 34C Yawl
post #27 of 187 Old 01-10-2010

So deeply touched

Words can not even begin to express how I am feeling right now. I am bawling like a baby over the continuing amount of support my family has gotten over this past year from friends near and far. We are truly blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives. Courtney would be so completly thrilled that all of you care this much not just about her but about everyone that this disease has affected. Courtney took the time even when she was ill to make it a point to be there for young women like herself who had been newly diagnosed. So although this may be titled Sailing with Courtney her spirit will not be the only one with us that day filling our sails, as we take the time to remember her and the other wonderful spirits that have left us. If there is anything I can do to help out message me. I am looking forward to this more then you guys will ever know, thanks again to everyone for all your kind words and well wishes. I cant wait to ride the waves and drink a beer with you all soon.

There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. But omitted, and the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves -- or lose the ventures before us." -- William Shakespeare, "Julius Ceaser"..
post #28 of 187 Old 01-11-2010
Last Man Standing

Bump.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
post #29 of 187 Old 01-11-2010

No problem bumping this one, but I'll also make it a sticky to keep it on everyone's radar and for easy reference.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
post #30 of 187 Old 01-11-2010
Last Man Standing

Cool - thanks JRP.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.