Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
I'd be happy to help coordinate a BC, Canada Sail for Courtenay if there's enough of us here to pull it off.

Since we are out sailing for most of our summers, I missed the bulk of the original thread, and to be honest have yet to read it all... I confess to having trouble dealing with a youngsters' suffering....

Our hearts go out to your family...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2010

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Faster:

I'd be interested.. I wonder if this should be synchronized with the other gathering...

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 01-13-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by djodenda View Post
Faster:

I'd be interested.. I wonder if this should be synchronized with the other gathering...

David
Hi David.. As I understand it this is to be a common event for August 28 2010 - so if you're referring to the Feb meet I'm not sure that's a fit.

Perhaps T34C can confirm....

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 01-13-2010

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
No.. I wasn't thinking of February... It would be cool to have events in different places going on at the same time....

Or at least within a few days of each other...

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 01-13-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
David,

There are 4 posters, or at least in the past from here in Edmonds, You and I, tenuki and "still in shock". The latter two I have not personally seen post in awhile. I do st SIS as she is on F dock, and an EYC member. Tenuki, other than facebook info, he is rather quite!

CYCE has a race scheduled sat aug 28.

Marty
Old 01-13-2010
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by djodenda View Post
No.. I wasn't thinking of February... It would be cool to have events in different places going on at the same time....

Or at least within a few days of each other...
The current plan is to have multiple events around the country/world all taking place on Aug. 28. When I say event, anyone going for a sail on their boat and honoring Courtney's memory and/or flying one of the flags (we are working on), counts. I understand some clubs may have races on that day, or other things going on... I would encourage you to race in her honor, or get together with others at the dock or a raft-up after the race.

Just my thoughts.
Old 01-16-2010

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon007 View Post
Simply put, thank you to each one of you wonderful souls...In case you guys havent seen this here is a memorial video I made of Courtney...enjoy...

YouTube - Courtney Paige Clevenger, Age 23~ R.I.P. Breast Cancer
Carrie, Thank you for posting the video. I guess enough time has passed that the video brings me more smiles then tears. You two together were something. A little bit Laurel & Hardy, and a little bit Laverne and Shirley.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bubb2; 01-16-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-16-2010

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about

This is the burgee that we are thinking about using. We are thinking about taking out to date. What do you think about it? Thanks, Mike

Never Forgotten

Old 01-16-2010

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
I think that is a great design. I really like how you turned the pink ribbon into a set of sails. Rick
Old 01-16-2010

SailorMoon007 is on a distinguished road
humbled

I feel the same way dad, if Im having a bad night sometimes I watch it to put everything into perspective, the love, the sacrafice..It has taken a long time for me to watch the video and not only bawl through it but to also smile till the end..its sad that the dancing part isnt at the end of this video because thats my favorite...you hear her laugh...no one can describe that and I never want it to leave me...I miss her...it haunts me everyday..there are things in the apartment I wont even touch or move...I know she is in a better place now, watching us, laughing at our mistakes, and so deeply touched that so many people are not only making time for her, but making time for remembrance...in her stead...I say thank you...she would laugh, she would dance and she would love..that was Courtney....
There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. But omitted, and the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves -- or lose the ventures before us." -- William Shakespeare, "Julius Ceaser"..

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.