Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
A Sail with Courtney

My wish for the New Year, A Sail with Courtney.

We are organizing a sail in rally/rendezvous on Saturday August 28th in Racine, WI. We would love to have you join us if possible. If you cannot make it to the rendezvous we would still love to have you join us on that date in honoring Courtney’s memory where ever you are, and those of other victims of breast cancer, and to make sure that she is never forgotten.

As many of you know Bubb’s (Mike) daughter Courtney lost her tragic battle with breast cancer, a year ago last September, at a very young age. http://www.anything-sailing.com/memo...ight=forgotten I was very touched by Courtney’s story when Mike was so generous to share it with us all. The thread was titled, “My Wish for the New Year, One More Sail with My Daughter.”http://www.sailnet.com/forums/off-to...more-sail.html If you have not read it, you owe it to yourself to do so. You will not be the same after you do.

As the “In Memory of Courtney” thread says, Courtney was afraid she would be forgotten. No one that age should have to worry about something like that, and it’s a thought that really touched me and has stuck with me. While I couldn’t do anything to help Courtney, I think we ALL can do something to make sure she is NOT forgotten.
cahow likes this.

Last edited by T34C; 01-02-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2010

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
Although i have been a member of Sailnet for several years, I only started participating in the forums last year. It was just shortly after Courtney passed. I became curious about the references to Courtney I would see from time to time, so a few months ago I did a search. I came upon the thread you mention "My wish for the New Year, One More Sail with My Daughter" I started to read the thread and became more and more amazed at what I was reading. The compassion of the sailnetters, the love shown by all, the strength exhibited by Bubb, not to mention his courage and generosity in sharing this with the people on Sailnet. I also began to know somthing about Courtney, a person I had never met, but who was obviously a testatment to the spirit. I was moved by her courage and determination, her selflessness in trying to help others around her. I t is obvious that she was a very special person and I wished to have known her. After reading that thread, I wanted to say somthing. I wanted to let Bubb, and the others who were with her, in body and spirit, during that difficult period, that I understood what the references were all about, what they meant, why they were important, but I did not know how. I felt awkward somehow to all of a sudden start a new thread that tried to say.."hey, I getit, and thanks, and I am sorry for your loss, and ,well I didn,t know what to say . So I just decided to say nothing, but everytime I saw those refernces to her I would remembered too. Everytime I would go outside and look at the stars, I would think, out there is a star that belongs to a very special lady. Thanks for giving me this oportunity to express myself. God Bless Courtney and Bubb, heres to you, I don't think I need to tell you why. Rick
Old 01-02-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Wish we could be there.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 01-02-2010
Caribbean Surveyor

canadianseamonkey is on a distinguished road
That was a very nice thought T34C. I still get goose bumps when I think about all of this. I just reread most of the thread and it's amazing how one situation got all of us involved in a forum with one purpose in mind...to never forget Courtney. Yes, my eyes are teary after reading this again. It's a great reminder how life can be quickly taken away from us. Courtney, you have taught us much with your courage. You will never be forgotten. As we enter 2010, Bubb and Courtney....I remember you both, will try to not take life for granted, count my blessings and appreciate the people who surround me. Be good.

Ray

Last edited by canadianseamonkey; 01-02-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-02-2010

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Sometimes timing is everything. I just met bubb 2 hours ago. Sailhog, Tim, and he pulled in a couple of slips down. I had to drive into town for an errand. As I walked past their vessel I looked up, and saw a huge orange moon coming over the horizon. I stopped as I stepped aboard, and gave Courtney a thought. I looked at the moon, and smiled as I stepped inside. I turned on the computer, and here's this thread. She gave me inspiration, and from now on every orange moon will belong to her. .......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-02-2010
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
I would love to see this become an international event where we all, no matter where we are, take some time on that day for a Sail with Courtney. If you can't sail on that day, just take a minute to remember her and maybe say a prayer for everyone that is fighting their own battle with that terrible disease.
Old 01-02-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
T - this is a great idea. Well done dude.

Sailing with Bubb and his son, and meeting his wife was honestly a huge, huge honor for me. I truly admire and respect all of them - and understand now a bit more how special Courtney was through their lives.

God bless you guys - and if I can't make it to WI, I'll definitely remember her, and say a prayer for all the fighters.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 01-03-2010
Caribbean Surveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C View Post
I would love to see this become an international event where we all, no matter where we are, take some time on that day for a Sail with Courtney. If you can't sail on that day, just take a minute to remember her and maybe say a prayer for everyone that is fighting their own battle with that terrible disease.
I think that is a great idea and I'm in. Can you PM Bubb and maybe ask him if there is a day that he would recommend? Her birthday perhaps? or did you have any thoughts on it already?
Old 01-03-2010
Thanks Courtney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianseamonkey View Post
I think that is a great idea and I'm in. Can you PM Bubb and maybe ask him if there is a day that he would recommend? Her birthday perhaps? or did you have any thoughts on it already?
I was shooting for a date that was near the anniversary of her passing while keeping to the good weather side of the calander. Settled on the weekend prior to Labor Day weekend.
Old 01-03-2010
Caribbean Surveyor

Perfect! Good work T34C. Courtney is surely smiling.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.