SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Let's see your boat's name

51K views 190 replies 121 participants last post by  Mormandeus 
#1 ·
Thought I'd start a thread to warm me up on this cold January day. I enjoy the creativity of boat names, graphics and logos and perhaps you do too! So, let's see a picture of your boats name.

Here's mine:

See less See more
#4 ·
You'd think North vs. South with the colors, but hopefully not another South Carolina Gorget misinterpreted as a cresent moon! Either way, it's pretty! Say, that isn't Rush Limbaugh at the helm is it?.....no offense, I hope. "take care and joy, Aythya crew

#11 ·
You'd think North vs. South with the colors, but hopefully not another South Carolina Gorget misinterpreted as a crescent moon! Either way, it's pretty! Say, that isn't Rush Limbaugh at the helm is it?.....no offense, I hope. "take care and joy, Aythya crew
It is a SC thing but nothing was unknowingly misinterpreted. Being an SC native I'm aware the crescent was actually part of the revolutionary war uniform. However, whether we like it or not, these days the crescent is pretty much a de-facto moon and the marketeers in SC have done nothing but promote the idea since, it does make for a pretty romantic coastal theme which is great for promoting tourism. Anyway, I just went with the flow since "Palmetto Gorget" doesn't roll of the tongue as poetically. As for the colors they are not about the north south thing. The blue is the same blue as the stripes that were on the boat which are pretty close to the blue field of the flag. I chose grey for the drop-shadow as a reminder of the grey hull of our Oday 322, the first Palmetto Moon and it also matches closely with the grey rub strip so it all goes together.

Rush Limbaugh??? Man that stings -- I have dropped 25 lbs since that photo though. I thought I was doing a fair Dennis Conner pose. lol

#5 ·
I have to decide on a new name... Either Ouranos or Krozet

#6 ·
Nothing as fancy as many others, and probably not that original......

#13 ·
Island Time

From the old boat, graphics for the new boat are one of my winter projects

Jim

#46 ·
When I raised the issue of hale letter size compliance with people here on Mount Desert Island the response was, "Who is going to use 2" letters for their hale on the transom of a Hinckley?" They are right. I only see 2" compliance on commercial vessels here in Maine. The transom of a sailboat doesn't seem to concern the Coasties.

Down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.