SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Anybody else ordered from Sailnet Store? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/61623-anybody-else-ordered-sailnet-store.html)

VallelyJ 01-28-2010 08:11 PM

Anybody else ordered from Sailnet Store?

If so, what has your experience been?
Apparently you actually order from an entity called 'Marine.com' Are they legitimate?
I placed an order almost a week ago--still "pending"--no reply to my email of 5days ago, and nobody answers their phone. I can see where a small outfit might get a little backed up, but now I'm starting to wonder about them. I guess I should have asked this question before I ordered.
Anybody gotten stuff from them?
John V.

CharlieCobra 01-28-2010 08:40 PM

Not in a while but I had no issues back when I did.

smackdaddy 01-28-2010 08:48 PM

I just received a battery switch today that I ordered from them. It took a bit of time as it was on backorder - but they stayed in communication with me on it via email.

I've also ordered other items such as a holding tank, etc. from here and/or their sister site marine.com - and have been happy with everything. And I've not found better prices on stuff anywhere.

I do, however, think that everything is set up and runs better on marine.com in terms of the online store. I wonder sometimes why they don't just merge the two stores.

You might try karen at marine d-o-t com. She helped me out.

danielgoldberg 01-28-2010 08:55 PM

Very legit. Sometimes they get behind the curve, but it's actually a very small organization. I'm quite confident your business is greatly appreciated, so if it's not too much of an inconvenience, try to stick it out. Rob's a really good guy.

sailingdog 01-28-2010 09:07 PM

Not recently, but had a pretty good experience with them.

padean 01-28-2010 09:28 PM

Ordered a couple of things a year ago. One out of stock, the other came in a couple of weeks. No problems. Didn't need to communicate, though, so I don't know about response times. I thought they had a live chat icon at one time. If so, try that one during the day.

lancelot9898 01-28-2010 09:46 PM

I ordered some line about ten days ago and just took several days to receive it. Very efficient.

Joesaila 01-29-2010 07:20 AM

Good experiences

I've bought a few things and have been very happy with the results. :D

Cruisingdad 01-29-2010 08:36 AM

My experiences with them have been top notch and I have actually found Rob very knowedgeable. Please understand, I am not in any way tied to Sailnet. I do this (as do the other mods) for free. My admin status is because we needed one person on the mod team that could do the things a moderator could not.

I bought a BUNCH of stuff from them and recently. If you have any problems, call ROb. If there were any issues with them, they would not have the strong support of me and the other mods here. Honestly.

Brian

denby 01-31-2010 10:09 PM

Bought several items in the past year and had great service. I always order over the phone. Try calling, Rob is very helpful.