Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010

Grinna is on a distinguished road
Hey Walter

I'm not 100% sure of the dates, but I think the Louis Vuitton Pacific Series (match racing with America's Cup crews in 2 pairs of older America's Cup boats) will be on in Auckland over the time you're here (or at least part of it anyway). That would be a fantastic thing to see if you are going to be here at the right time. Those AC boats are incredible when they're fully loaded up and being sailed to the max. There will be various spectator tours on ferries and commercial launches to get you out on the water and as close as any spectator is going to get to the sailing action.

There is the opportunity to go sailing in an old AC boat - there's a company that has a pair of old Team NZ boats and you get to sail on them .... even steer if you want. Of course, that costs money, but shouldn't be horrendously expensive.

I highly recommend visiting a NZ based sailing forum as mentioned earlier and asking a similar question there. I'm sure you're going to get a lot more assistance there than you will here simply because its populated with Kiwis, many of whom are in Auckland and many of whom are active cruisers and racers and may be looking for crew or have space on their boat for a keen individual. If you need help to get to the forum I mentioned before, I'm sure it'll be worth getting the help.
Old 02-09-2010

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Hey Walter

I live and sail in Auckland. I can offer you some sailing with us on the understanding that my sailing is purely relaxation (we don't race) and generally overnight to an anchorage somewhere on the Hauraki Gulf.

Drop me a line either on a PM on this board or send it to me at asselbergs@ihug.co.nz and lets see if we can accommodate you while you're in Auckland.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2010

mgiguere is on a distinguished road
Hello NZ:

We are doing a "Home Exchange" in Tauranga next October. I would love to find someone to daysail with while there...(my wife won't go). In return, I would offer day sails in the Chesapeake Bay (VA/Maryland) area to anyone who would find themselves here. My boat can be seen at this link on Picasa: Picasa Web Albums - Moe - Sailing

Thanks,

Moe
Old 02-10-2010

Walterd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinna View Post
Hey Walter

I'm not 100% sure of the dates, but I think the Louis Vuitton Pacific Series (match racing with America's Cup crews in 2 pairs of older America's Cup boats) will be on in Auckland over the time you're here (or at least part of it anyway). That would be a fantastic thing to see if you are going to be here at the right time. Those AC boats are incredible when they're fully loaded up and being sailed to the max. There will be various spectator tours on ferries and commercial launches to get you out on the water and as close as any spectator is going to get to the sailing action.

There is the opportunity to go sailing in an old AC boat - there's a company that has a pair of old Team NZ boats and you get to sail on them .... even steer if you want. Of course, that costs money, but shouldn't be horrendously expensive.

I highly recommend visiting a NZ based sailing forum as mentioned earlier and asking a similar question there. I'm sure you're going to get a lot more assistance there than you will here simply because its populated with Kiwis, many of whom are in Auckland and many of whom are active cruisers and racers and may be looking for crew or have space on their boat for a keen individual. If you need help to get to the forum I mentioned before, I'm sure it'll be worth getting the help.
Morning How are you, I am well. Once again I thank you for you help. I have sent a message to crew.org.nz but still no luck with info@pcc.org.nz it keeps bouncing back. I will work will work on NZ based sailng today. Hope you get this.
Walter
Old 02-10-2010

Walterd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatako View Post
Hey Walter

I live and sail in Auckland. I can offer you some sailing with us on the understanding that my sailing is purely relaxation (we don't race) and generally overnight to an anchorage somewhere on the Hauraki Gulf.

Drop me a line either on a PM on this board or send it to me at asselbergs@ihug.co.nz and lets see if we can accommodate you while you're in Auckland.
I accept. Hope you get my e-mail. I'll have to check out PM.
Walter
Old 02-14-2010

Grinna is on a distinguished road
Walter

In case your first offer doesn't work out, we may be able to help at least for a day sail and possibly an overnight trip in the Hauraki Gulf. Contact via PM or email to SVSeaforth at gmail.com will find us.