Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010

mfdgs is on a distinguished road
I did eventually get my order and everything was correct!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2010
Rob Hills

rhills is on a distinguished road
I've been away so haven't been able to progress this until now. I've just emailed marine.com as suggested earlier by SmackDaddy so we'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, no responses from the Sailnet shop, either to emails or to support tickets.

Their daily specials seem to change episodically, so there is presumably someone home there somewhere. Not sure why they bother advertising stuff if they won't process orders though.
Old 04-13-2010
Rob Hills

Update:
I emailed marine.com (the nice young lady recommended by SmackDaddy earlier in this thread) and got a polite, apologetic reply within a couple of days (it was over the weekend). Nothing shipped yet (awaiting delivery from the manufacturer) but at least I know my order is actually being handled.

All I need to figure out now is why it is I can get something shipped 5K miles from Hong Kong to Oz for $20 but have to pay $140 so ship the same sized item 10K miles from the USA!

Still, even with the huge shipping cost, it's way cheaper (20-30% cheaper) than buying the same item from a retailer in Oz. Go figure!

Cheers,

Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia
Old 04-15-2010

JVallely is on a distinguished road
Screw'em

I'm glad Marine.com eventually sent you the order you paid for, but as far as I'm concerned, if you have to get blown off repeatedly, to the point that you're posting here to find out if they really exist, means they're bush league and ought not be supported. I've just cancelled an order that's been in limbo since the end of last month. Their 'auto-update' webpage isn't updated. You call their toll-free number and the robot voice--the only one you will ever get--tells you to use their 'help desk'--which I've sent 4 or 5 emails to over time and have never gotten a single answer from.
I don't care how nice and apologetic they are when they finally show up at work. Screw them. If I treated a customer that way I'd be fired, and I'd deserve it.
John Vallely
Old 04-27-2010
Rob Hills

I just thought I'd point out that the items I ordered from SailNet arrived today, all exactly as ordered. I also ought to emphasise that my credit card was billed the day the items shipped, not before.

After I contacted Marine.com as suggested by SmackDaddy, I received prompt and courteous responses to my queries and the order was sorted out and shipped quite quickly.

Cheers,
Rob Hills
Waikiki, Western Australia
Old 06-24-2010

bmcgovern5 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Disappointed in Marine.com

Hello,
I ordered a product from Marine.com because it was "in stock". After placing the order I receive an email telling me it was on back order. Before I could decide on cancelling, my credit card was charged. Ok, so I decided to wait. About a month went by with no emails about order status. I would be more patient if they didn't take my money up front. I sent an email expressing my disappointment in the way they handled the order and told them to cancel. To their credit they did refund my money within 3 days. I ended up ordering the part from another online marine supplier. I will not order anything from them again.