Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 13
Here are a few novel ways I've managed to get water into our boat:
1. Overfill the freshwater tank. Most of the the overflow goes overboard, but a loose fitting let some into the bilge.
2. Shower drain / gray water loose fitting let water into the bilge when it the gray water tank filled up.
3. Bad window caulk -- rainwater ran down into the bilge from a salon window.
4. A small crack in the cockpit let rainwater into the engine room / bilge.
5. A hose with a spiral wire reinforcement had the spiral wire rust and leak water occasionally at the hose clamp.
Give me a few months and I'll likely discover some more.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.