SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Next Stop...Bahamas (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/63723-next-stop-bahamas.html)

Dolby 04-11-2010 08:27 AM

Next Stop...Bahamas

The time has finally come...the boat is sailing great...engine running wonderfully...and she is rigged to perfection...i have to thank everyone over the last couple of months here on sailnet...i have been provided with a wealth of information that has helped in the prepping for this journey...i will be leaving Lower Delaware Bay on Wed the 14...the first stop is near norfolk...then back out to the outside around Diamond Shoals to Okracoke...few stops in between before Savannah...then Key Biscane....and finally bimini...after bimini its where ever the winds take me for the next year.......i will be sure to post up some pictures and stories from along the way...but again a big thanks to everyone on these boards....this place is a great resource and keep it going....See you guys in the winds......

cb32863 04-11-2010 09:11 AM

Awesome! Have a great trip and keep us posted on your progress. Good luck! Yes, I am a bit jealous..... :cool:

sailcapt2 04-11-2010 09:24 AM

What is the name of your boat? We are sitting in Long Island aboard Loose Change. If you wander by, say HI!
Steve

imagine2frolic 04-11-2010 10:26 AM

Sounds like a late start, but we are right behind you. We are hoping for one last northern front to come through in about 10 days, so we can catch it leaving Jacksonville Fl. We haven't determined our route yet to get on the other side of Cuba. We'll see what the weather Gods give us. BEST WISHES on your trip.Maybe our paths will cross?.......i2f

CaptainForce 04-11-2010 12:18 PM

Imagine2frolic, Maybe our wakes will cross too! We're now down in Green Turtle. I know we've been often near, but I never see you guys! 'take care and joy, Aythya crew

Canuckster 04-11-2010 05:40 PM

DOLBY,,
All the best to you,, ENJOY !

captaineasy 04-17-2010 02:01 PM

Great!! Just wondering why Biscane and Bimini? Try FT. Pierce to Abaco via White Sand Bank and Great Sail or West Palm to West End. Don't miss Abaco!! Easy

WanderingStar 04-18-2010 09:24 AM

Fair winds. I hope to join you all in a couple of years.

Dolby 04-18-2010 09:47 AM

SITTIN" IN NORFOLK @ COBBS MARINA!!!!

Great little marina here...the people who run this place are so awesome...took us about four days to get here from Delaware Bay...we lost wind and had to motor into the chessie from cape charles....i have now decided to take the ICW from here....You guys were correct....sailing 24/7 in shifts was tough with 3 of us...so ill be here until monday morning....any advice on a nice place to anchor or port for the night after hampton roads headed towards the dismal???

ughmo2000 04-18-2010 03:00 PM

Whoo Hoooo!!

Congratulations! Hope you have a fantastic trip!

You can find plenty of places to anchor along the ditch. Just stay clear of the channel and have your anchor light on.