SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Jouet Fandango/33 running rigging

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've been helping someone out with setting up a Jouet Fandango (later known as the 33), and today was spent disentangling some of the lines going up the mast. However, I'm not entirely convinced that a couple of the halyards are exiting via the correct slots in the bottom of the mast. Does anyone know if there's a manual of some description that documents where these should go? I'm going back there with a camera tomorrow, FWIW.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 ·
I was in Daytona Beach yesterday and looked at a 1973 Jouet 33.

I cant really find any good info on this boat. I am new to sailing and the boom seemed very short to me, what are your thoughts on that? Have you sailed this boat and if so, what are your opinions on it.

I am also looking at a 1985 Jouet 32 in NC.

#3 ·
The halyards pretty much should exit out the slots that are lined up with the sheaves they come out of in the masthead truck. On many boats, there are four internal masthead sheaves, two forward, two aft... and they're generally used for topping lift and mainsail halyard for the two aft ones and spinnaker and jib halyards for the two forward ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.