Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010
1975 Newport 28

jaschrumpf is on a distinguished road
The wife thinks I'm a mercenary, but...

Why not give an idea a try?

Today I took my "bosses" -- really the company's managing partner (who hired me) and the regional manager -- for a sail out of Rock Creek. They're more like college buddies than bosses, because they don't have any direct supervision over me, even though they authorize all the expenses, and we spend most of our time together talking college football. We'd arranged a couple of weeks ago for me to take them sailing, and the weather cooperated spectacularly! It was blue skies and 10 mph winds all day long on the Patapsco River just outside Rock Creek.

So we're motoring out of the creek past the Maryland Yacht Club and I point out the possibilities of having a membership there where they could entertain clients with sailing on the river, out into the Bay or into the Inner Harbor, or dining at the restaurant, or having employee entertainment at the pavilion.

They were both interested in the concept, and asked me to get the specifics from the club. Wouldn't this be the most awesomest extracurricular work activity ever? Imagine one of your work "duties" to be taking out clients once or twice a month for a cruise up and down the river on your sailboat? "Oh man, you mean I have to go sailing AGAIN?"

Life could only be so good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Monrovia, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2010

tager is on a distinguished road
Isn't life grand? Just don't let the clients find out about the intricate relationship between sailing and working with fiberglass.
Old 04-24-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Ja...I am a memeber of the MYC for the past 5 years. Feel free to contact me through a PM for more info. BTW we are hosting the Northern/ Mid Chesapeake Sailnet Rondevous at the club Pavillion on June 19.

Feel free to go to the forum...destinations...chesapeake blog for more information

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-24-2010
1975 Newport 28

jaschrumpf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Ja...I am a memeber of the MYC for the past 5 years. Feel free to contact me through a PM for more info. BTW we are hosting the Northern/ Mid Chesapeake Sailnet Rondevous at the club Pavillion on June 19.

Feel free to go to the forum...destinations...chesapeake blog for more information

Dave
Hi Dave,

Check your inbox.

Cheers!

Monrovia, MD
Old 06-03-2010

vespersan is on a distinguished road
Myc

We visited that club last weekend with our sailing club ( Pearson Sailing Association). It was really nice and would like more info on joining. Their website is somewhat vague regarding memberships; filled out the online info and am awaiting contact. Any info you could provide regarding membership would be appreciated.