Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
sck,

We are bringing our boat ( Haleakula..C&C35MKIII) over to Harbor Haven to have a new Harken Furler put on and also have our Yanmar serviced on May 15th and it is staying there the week for them to work on. I have recommended many people to them to get their boats worked on there as they are very fair. Would appreciate if you are down you just look in on her.

We are actually staying on her the night of the 15th in whatever slip they put us in and then going to the Sprint Cup race at Dover the next day. If you are staying at the marina that night look us up as we are looking for a place to get dinner in Rock Hall. Maybe you can make a recommendation.

Thanks,

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2010

oharamike is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the information

Thanks for the very good information on both marinas and service. It's very helpful when moving in from out of the area.

Thanks again,

Mike
Old 05-01-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
I really like Great Oaks Marina. the inlet is "interesting" making 90* turns and cleaning the slime off the bottom of my keel. I did run hard aground at dead low tide lasts year but did manage to get her back into deeper water. 6ft. LOL
Jelly Fish Joes' is a really nice Island like resort beach that you can just take your dink over too also. The slips and yard look very professionally managed. and the staff were very helpful.

my current "project"!
Old 05-01-2010

sck5 is on a distinguished road
chef2sail

I will probably be there on the 15th. Not 100% sure yet but I am in W45 - Would be happy to look in on your boat and/or find a place to eat. I will PM you

Steve
Old 05-02-2010
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
While checking Rock Hall stop into The Sailing Emporium. Family run, very friendly, mainly sailboats, right on Rock Hall Harbor so easy access to the Bay in a matter of minutes.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 07-17-2010

oharamike is on a distinguished road
Nice Marinas on the west side of northern Chesapeake bay

Hello,

I am continuing this thread to see if there are any recomendations for the western shore of the northern Chesapeake bay. I am including my first post below with the change that I am going to be in the Aberdeen/Havre de Grace area. Thanks in advance for any input.

I am working through a relocation to the Aberdeen/Havre de Grace area, MD area. I plan on bringing my 36' sailboat with me. Given how shallow the far north end of the bay is would some of you on the forum be able to recomend a few good places to moor my boat a bit farther south where I can get out in deep(er) open water quickly when I want to daysail and that has a nice marina and adjacent town where my wife would enjoy spending the weekend when we aren't taking the boat on outings. My boat has a 6'4" draft. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2010

Dfok is on a distinguished road
North East, MD

I went through the same dilemma, and opted for the shortest car ride, longest sail time.
My ride is short (61 miles) , but last night at Hance's Point YC I spoke to a skipper from Newark, DE - his 25 -30 mile ride made me envious.
North East is as northeast as the bay gets, an easy sail to Turkey Point, Still Pond, Worton Creek and a host of other fine anchorages. The water up here is more fresh than salt too, nice for swimming.
Bay Boat Works is a small family owned marina that takes being "green" seriously ( a very good thing in my book), is reasonably priced and ran one heck of a customer appreciation party last night. Highly recommended.
But that 6'4" draft....
Havre de Grace (pronounced "have ray da grace" around here, Port Deposit, North East, Bohemia River can all be reached pretty quickly by car driving around the top of the bay. The next place to cross is the Annapolis Bay Bridge, so depending on where you start and stop you may drive 50 miles or much more to get 5 miles across the bay.
A boston whaler at Port Deposit to get to the sailboat moored somewhere past Turkey Point. That would be nice......

Last edited by Dfok; 07-18-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added information
Old 07-18-2010

BobS2 is on a distinguished road
Thin water

The Bohemia would be very challenging for your draft. There are 3 marinas o the north shore and all would have access problems from mid to low tide. There's deeper water on the southern shore and at the 2 marinas up river by the rt213 bridge. But I believe you would still be stirring up mud or worse at anything other than high tide. Havre de Grace is the safest bet for 6'4". You'll have a 40-60 minute ride down the channel to sailing room below Turkey Point.
Old 07-18-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Western Shore - North - Middle River

I would suggest you look at Middle River, an abundance of marinas which results in some competitive pricing. Check out Maryland Marina, lots of sailboats. On draw back can be the amount of boat traffic on the weekends and crab-pots.

Check out www.Activecaptian.com
Old 07-18-2010

Quickstep192 is on a distinguished road
If you're considering the Patapsco, you won't find a nicer bunch of folks than at Oak Harbor Marina in Pasadena. They also host the Rock Creek Racing club if that is of interest. It's been years, but I used to keep my boat at the Chesapeake Yachting Center on Middle River and those folks treated me like royalty and really looked after the boat. Chesapeake Yachting Center is predominantly a power boat marina which I liked because there were fewer birds.