Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010

ROSA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommays View Post
"My friend has information that the response has been slow on purpose with the whole intent of stopping offshore drilling as unsafe through public opinion. They have already been successful in this attempt with two governors backing off."

That is a really neat photo, do they know you have it?

FACT: If you will simply pay attention to the news, you pick the station, you will find that two Govenors have just backed off offshore drilling. I didn't make that up either. Can you dispute that fact. New offshore drilling is over and hopefully it will slow down or stop in the Gulf totally.

Last edited by ROSA; 05-04-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
ROSA, pump your brakes- you are entering tinfoil hat territory.
Be civil and call it what you will sir. Anyone who accepts, without question, what the powers spew, is already a charter member or your tinfoil hat society.
Old 05-04-2010

I am not angry at anyone on the forum and wish us all a fast and successful trip through these terrible times. Emotions are running high and we all have good reason to hold on to our view and positions. I have even gotten a few good laughs out of a very sad situation from some here.

If anyones feelings were hurt it was un-intentional, and I am sorry. Tease if you will, I can, and do laugh at myself. All of my post are sincere and from the heart. I have made no intentional errors. Hopefully I am wrong, unfortunately we will see.

I really need to go now, as the copter is waiting on the lawn!
Old 05-04-2010
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
so far the oil is not inside the barrier islands. our scalded dog run through there last nite found much barge traffic and smoother sailing waters..some foul odor at cat-ship island but no oil inside barrier islands as yet--let us hope it doesnt get that close!!!
we saw barges with booms leaving rigolets this am also--the seas were small enough mebbe the booms may do some good this time!!! booms are at the ready at the hwy 90 bridge----havent seen or heard anything else as yet--am off watch now--thank gods!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2010

Thanks Zeehag, for the on site report. No oil here on Lake Pontchartrain, near the twin span either. We are wondering about points east and the Chandeleur Islands, from independent sources. Where are you headed?
Old 05-04-2010

remetau is on a distinguished road
Not sure if this is off topic or not, but is anybody familiar with the surfactant chemicals that BP is using to reduce the amount of oil on the surface? Are we trading a bad oil spill to a bad chemical pollution for later?

I like my shrimp naturally large and pink without tumors please.

Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by remetau View Post
Not sure if this is off topic or not, but is anybody familiar with the surfactant chemicals that BP is using to reduce the amount of oil on the surface? Are we trading a bad oil spill to a bad chemical pollution for later?

I like my shrimp naturally large and pink without tumors please.
BP seems to be working to slow the spills surface issues in order to allow the public opinion to adjust. Their stock is down today, and they need to polish up their slick. They know what is out of sight is out of mind. We are so shallow and ignorant as a people. Again we are trading reality for fiction. Just send it to the bottom, where no one will see. If it is pretty it is OK here in the USA.

Last edited by ROSA; 05-04-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2010

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSA View Post
Be civil and call it what you will sir. Anyone who accepts, without question, what the powers spew, is already a charter member or your tinfoil hat society.
Alright, I'll call it what I will.
And I am calling you a paranoid, hysterical, sensational part of the problem, not part of the solution.
You come on here and start spouting (what may or may not be) crap coming from mysterious "sources," with no evidence to back your claims, you belittle others who don't agree with you, you have done nothing but spread rumours and ugly innuendo.

If you're so concerned about the irreversible environmental impact (and yes, if I get hit by a bus tomorrow, i agree that in my lifetime it could safely be considered "irreversible") then why are you posting here?
Why are you not volunteering to clean up?
Why are you not out getting exclusive, uncensored, never-before-seen photos of the devastation and posting them here?
In other words, become part of the solution.

Anything else is just bs.

No one should accept without question what YOU have been spewing.
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
And I am calling you a paranoid, hysterical, sensational part of the problem, not part of the solution.
You come on here and start spouting (what may or may not be) crap coming from mysterious "sources," with no evidence to back your claims, you belittle others who don't agree with you, you have done nothing but spread rumours and ugly innuendo.

If you're so concerned about the irreversible environmental impact (and yes, if I get hit by a bus tomorrow, i agree that in my lifetime it could safely be considered "irreversible") then why are you posting here?
Why are you not out getting exclusive, uncensored, never-before-seen photos of the devastation and posting them here?

Could you please be a bit more specific about my statements, the ones you claim to be BS? How do you know what I am or am not doing? How do you know you are right about all of this? Do you question anything sir about what they have or are doing out there, or what they have told us?.

I am certainly glad to see that you are becoming more civil sir! That is quite an improvement, I am impressed. I am acting calmly and find that you seem quite hysterical.

My volunteer status is my business, and yours is yours. Of course you probably will not believe that I was unless I furnish names and dates and witnesses. If you say you are, I will take you at your word, why would you lie. Some of us will never understand.

Just what have I called you to make you so mad? I obviously have an opinion which differs from yours. You have insulted me and all I did was to respond to your insult in a civil fashion. Your post should be adjusted accordingly, and I am surprised that you are allowed to insult in the way you have.

Could it be that something I have said, or that you suspect in your own mind, has touched a nerve with you. You seem so full of hate.

Last edited by ROSA; 05-04-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2010
Old Gringo

fjon is on a distinguished road
Quote:

She lives in the target zone, Buckaroo. What do you have at stake? The Bush/Cheney legacy? Corporate hegemony? A job with BP? Show a glimmer of human understanding and life will feel much better.

Why yes, I am ordained as a minister of God. One dark and stormy night we all danced naked about the fire as a Shaman ordained me a teacher of the laws of gods and nature.

There is more to life than increasing its speed. ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. ~ Samuel Clemmons