Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010

SantaCruising is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
Ditto that.....but the blame game continues!!! Anybody remember Apollo 13 and the efforts to bring them back? Did we sit around and wonder who to sue for the mishap?.....And while I'm venting...why haven't we rebuilt the twin towers??
My sentiments exactly. Was it BP, or was it the Drilling Contractor... blah blah... I feel horrible for the Family's who make their living on the coast..... Ive heard little on how we are going to help them. Less finger pointing and more obstinate hard working determinism.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2010
new and proud of it

w1651 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to w1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruising View Post
My sentiments exactly. Was it BP, or was it the Drilling Contractor... blah blah... I feel horrible for the Family's who make their living on the coast..... Ive heard little on how we are going to help them. Less finger pointing and more obstinate hard working determinism.
It's all alright now! Obama is talking to the pros because he is finding out whose ass to Kick. (His words not mine)
50 days into this thing and he still hasn't figured it out yet! Are all you Obama voters still proud of that vote you cast?
Now we got tar balls on the beach in Bradenton Florida. But I am sure analysis will show they aren't from the oil spill. AGAIN!
Old 06-08-2010

k1vsk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1651 View Post
Now we got tar balls on the beach in Bradenton Florida. But I am sure analysis will show they aren't from the oil spill. AGAIN!

Yet another candidate for the conspiracy theory group...

Please explain how someone could fake a gas chromatography analysis.
Old 06-08-2010

ROSA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1vsk View Post
Yet another candidate for the conspiracy theory group...

Please explain how someone could fake a gas chromatography analysis.
No conspiracy theory is necessary here. Just continue to tell the lies to the people in order to prevent panic in this situation. They, the government and BP have been doing that since the beginning of this event, and that has been very well established and documented. At the very least they have been adjusting the facts downward. Neither retains creditability with the people at this time.
Old 06-08-2010

Insails is on a distinguished road
Here is more proof of just what scum BP is..

and yet people take up for them....I feel for those that do because they will wear a stupid label where ever they go forever..

Amazing they can spend millions on this yet cant spend 500k on a part to prevent the spill or wait on concrete to set before drilling for money...They screwed up and instead of admitting it they are still trying to BUY your opinion......
BP Buys Search Engine Phrases Redirecting Users - ABC News

Need a laugh? This is funny but is also the TRUTH:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/mas...from-bp,17564/

Last edited by Insails; 06-08-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-08-2010
new and proud of it

w1651 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to w1651
Way to go google! Now that's the American way.

Now I remember why I used ask.com to search something...
Old 06-08-2010

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
Can't we have a discussion about an oil spill in the Gulf without it sounding like a bunch of tea got spilled on purpose into Boston harbor?...Crikee!
Old 06-08-2010

Insails is on a distinguished road
I guess you just have to live here in the dead zone to understand how and why we feel as we do souljour....but when deception is all you get while your waters and marine life are being destroyed by a series of dumb moves that could have been prevented you tend to have more emotion than those displaced from it...No they did not purposely cause the spill but their wrecklessness for the regulations and greed sure did.. It's not the victims that need to to blamed for their feelings ,Had BP been honest from day one maybe we would not feel this way???...If BP did not want to be blamed they should not have ever told lie after lie to us that live here...

I also bet if this oil was in boston Harbor there would be far more finger pointing than there is now..

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

The truth will be known

Couldn't resist!:

Last edited by Insails; 06-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2010

ntrienens is on a distinguished road
What a mess. Thankful that sailing doesn't contribute to the thirst for oil.
Old 06-08-2010

kd3pc is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Corp business practice....

I surely am not covering for BP, but EVERY Corp in America is ignoring risk, known and unknown to make a buck. Risk has to be accepted, mitigated, or ignored and most of the corp world does all or some of this, some all three at the same time. In the end they are paralyzed by information. We should not be surprised then, when an accident happens and the corp has no clue how to deal with the results. Laying off experienced staff, cutting staff to minimums, etc are starting to show where that risk lay. And now they do not have the experience or expertise to act.

There are dozens of oil companies that easily could be (or are - as far as their spin is concerned) in the same place as BP...you just haven't heard about their disasters, yet.

the lies are just as prevalent as the actions...again in every corp out there...GM - "pays back their loan in Full" says the CEO...and this is but one example. The president, congress and their staff are all guilty of this, as are our kids, and our selves.

How do you get to the truth, when like other issues, the "scientists" can't agree on what is actually happening (i.e. flow rates, plumes, tarballs, etc), let alone what MAY happen in the future? Then the spin du jour of the media and the White House start up and no one "knows" anything. Acting on speculation and ignorance becomes the only course they know, - SOMEONE has to DO something...!!!

I am sympathetic to the plight of the gulf, but sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, ala dispersants. To quickly act may get more people killed or more damage done, but to be this slow in response is almost as bad. In my part of the river, they would rather you not mess up the shoreline and understory, than to pull rusted barrels and creosoted wood from the water.

Drunk driving kills more people and renders more harm, but there is no outrage on that. East coast of Fl is struggling to survive the media reports of soiled beaches and destroyed coral reefs....which is simply not true, but the masses "believe it is so" so it must be so...where is the outrage there?

Why does our gov't not step up and simply state that recreational boats, that have not left the slip don't get a BP payment, like they have - where is the outrage and the media there??

K1 has tried to state a lot of what appear to be verifiable facts, but even on this small board of sharp people, there are those that feel he is just making this up?? What about the not so smart folks who believe wikipaedia is gospel, who think that you can just stick an auto-inflatable PFD in the hole, or Costner's brother and his machine...and all we be well...

Sadly the waterfront, marshes and beach in your part of the world are trashed for many years, mark my word. Solutions not politics will save the day, but acceptance of that idea is not here yet, and may not be with our leadership. No amount of "cleanup" or lawsuits is going to make it right,

Mother Nature is a bitch..