Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010
new and proud of it

w1651 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to w1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insails View Post
Time to freeze their assets so when they sell out the Gulf Coast gets the money and not BP and their stock holders....

and as mentioned before...Booms are wortless they don't work and are another part of BPs unprepared plan...Time wasted just as I said earlier:
Boom's a bust as oil spill seeps into Perdido Pass | al.com
I'd like to do more then that to their Assets!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2010
new and proud of it

w1651 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to w1651
Im thinking the governors of the affected areas and local Mayers and councilmen need to take matters into their own hands and tell the feds to go pee up a rope.
Build the sand berms and block the oil from the beaches. Gitter Done!!! Stop worrying about permits and regulations from the EPA. They are a part of an absentee government which makes them a non entity.
I would also like to see my own Governor Christ be a little more forcefull when the pres is in town and not just there for the photo op.
That limp wristed weenie! Would someone push him outta the closet already?
Old 06-10-2010

GraemeInCanada is on a distinguished road
BP has loads and loads of money, no way they will go bankrupt. They can pay this stuff off in a quarter of earnings. Remember, this kind of spill happens all over the place, just doesn't happen to be in your country where you might see it on the news. There should be no "gas crisis", it's not like this well was online in the first place, so they're not relying on it for oil. One of many many many oil wells in production.

Plus BP is being sure to siphon up as much as they can right now, so it's hardly a loss for them.

If your government lets them claim bankruptcy or some crap like that it will be amazing.. truly amazing how well entrenched they are in your government.

Not that Canada is much better....
Old 06-10-2010

kootenay is on a distinguished road
yup keel you are dead right one thing I have learned after 54 years is that the one thing you can expect from any organization larger than about 3 people is general incompetence. However, at the moment reducing the value of BP is not in America's best interest. It simply isnt. Thats reality, it sucks but it is true. A catch 22 if you call the incompetent incompetent it will reduce the value of the incompetent company and as such US tax payers will have to foot the bill. and it will be a big bill.
Old 06-10-2010

remetau is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1651 View Post
Im thinking the governors of the affected areas and local Mayers and councilmen need to take matters into their own hands and tell the feds to go pee up a rope.
Build the sand berms and block the oil from the beaches. Gitter Done!!! Stop worrying about permits and regulations from the EPA. They are a part of an absentee government which makes them a non entity.
I would also like to see my own Governor Christ be a little more forcefull when the pres is in town and not just there for the photo op.
That limp wristed weenie! Would someone push him outta the closet already?
Iím thinking that we as people need to do more grassroots direct actions instead of seeking for government solutions. We need some oil boycotts, large protests, ways to shut down the rigs, and maybe even some sabotage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-10-2010

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by remetau View Post
maybe even some sabotage.
Don, with all due respect. Talking like that is foolish.
Old 06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
Don, with all due respect. Talking like that is foolish.
Could be, and I am normally a pacifist, but when they lie and destroy life, then maybe more action is needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-10-2010

kd3pc is on a distinguished road
Sorry Rem

death for "lying and destroying life"...there would be a long list of potential candidates before you even left the marina...let alone got in to the real world.

In the real world, crap happens, and as I and others have posted before...our actions can, and often do, make things worse...

Besides Mother Nature has a way of dealing with things...
Old 06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd3pc View Post
Sorry Rem

death for "lying and destroying life"...there would be a long list of potential candidates before you even left the marina...let alone got in to the real world.

In the real world, crap happens, and as I and others have posted before...our actions can, and often do, make things worse...

Besides Mother Nature has a way of dealing with things...

Kd,

I never said anything about death, and I agree that nature does deal with things, but it doesn't need to get that far. We should be putting life before profit and greed, and when that doesn't happen, people need to speak up.

Old 06-10-2010

Insails is on a distinguished road
Plus BP is being sure to siphon up as much as they can right now, so it's hardly a loss for them.

BINGO!! instead of plugging the damn hole they want money at the expense of our coast...EXACTLY why we here on the Gulf are Angry and you would be too if they were peeing in your backyard....we dont like it ..

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.