Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Fstbttms will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1651 View Post
K1 your back!

MISSED YA BRO! It just wasn't the same without you here. Even if it was only 3 or 4 days.
Now I can sleep better at night knowing you are bringing common sense and logic to the conversation.

(Breathe in Breathe out) Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! Life is in balance again.
Jeezus. Get a room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2010

Insails is on a distinguished road
this pretty much hits the nail on the head...

BP is to blame....with this much evidence any of us would be under the jail by now...

BP's 8 dumbest mistakes - The Week

would you let someone with this behavior captain your boat????

Last edited by Insails; 06-12-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2010

The "When will it hit our shoars" is over..
no boating,no fishing,no swiming ,no tourism no summer for us
It's here...
Old 06-12-2010

Here is another matter of when..
Makes Florida look small...
Old 06-12-2010

nolatom will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruachsspirit View Post
nolatom wrote:
"How tone-deaf can they get in DC? They're "considering" a bill to get unemployment comp for these guys.

Please don't do us any more favors down here?"

Why is it not a good thing to give fishermen compensation. Your objection to this is one thing I don't understand.
You might have understood it if you read the whole thing, since you seem to think I'm against comp for the laid-off workers from the rigs shut down by the Prez's moratorium (how'd you get "fishermen" out of that?).

What I said was that the Administration's sending the jobless rig workers off to wait in line at BP for their lost wages is obtuse and insulting--let the Admin. pay them up front, then seek reimbursement from BP if they think they can get it (which doubtful since it's not BP's rigs, not their moratorium).

And "considering" workers' comp is a delay and a cop-out, it would be far less than what they lost, and even then they don't seem in a hurry to do even that.

I don't understand how you don't understand this...
Old 06-13-2010

Wasted days and wasted nights...all for show and yet they do nothing

again reality is what it is..:
All that wasted boom could have been used by those 2000 boats BP bragged about to skim...But NO BP only wasted more time by using the BOOMS and the man hours and money for a SHOW when in reality they knew the booms would do nothing...

Talk about MISINFORMATION...BP is the most guilty :
Did ya hear the one about the oil boom? | al.com
Old 06-13-2010

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Did anyone happen to catch the Huckabee show last night? I only saw the last few minutes but the show was focusing on private sector solutions to the oil recovery problem. What I saw was encouraging. If this technology works as advertised, then it seems to me that the government should be gearing up to start producing these machines as fast as they got the country geared up to produce airplanes, tanks and arms back in WWII.

Unleash the private sector to clean up the Gulf (Wizbang)

"It was a fascinating show that demonstrated that the answers to this gulf oil spill lie within America's entrepreneurs and private companies. As I said last week, if President Obama had gone on television within days of the original explosion and put out an SOS to America's private sector, chances are he would have gotten far more control over this situation much sooner and the Gulf Coast's beaches and marine life wouldn't be at risk of being permanently destroyed."

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 8:00pm Eastern Standard Time, Ecosphere [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Technologies[/color][/color]
(OTCBB:ESPH) will be featured on Mike Huckabee’s TV show on the Fox News Channel. The “Huckabee” show will discuss a number of ways to clean up the BP oil spill including Ecosphere’s solution. The show will also be replayed on Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:00pm EST and on Sunday at 8:00pm EST

Old 06-13-2010

Knot...thats exactly why BP should not be in charge...They have rejected many good ideas just to delay in hope of keeping the well and recovering oil...

We need our best minds, engineers and contractors on this...not oil companies with no plans but old tried tested and did not work ideas...

Makes you wonder what happened to the U.S Corps of Engineers...huh...I dont think I have read where they are envolved anywhere...

Last edited by Insails; 06-13-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-13-2010

sailguy40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insails View Post
this pretty much hits the nail on the head...

BP is to blame....with this much evidence any of us would be under the jail by now...

BP's 8 dumbest mistakes - The Week

would you let someone with this behavior captain your boat????
Exactly and great article. Better yet, someone like that would take out a cruise ship with a few thousand people onboard knowing it is in poor condition and has faults that could cause it to sink. They would also do it in the icy waters of the north atlantic.
Old 06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailguy40 View Post
Exactly and great article. Better yet, someone like that would take out a cruise ship with a few thousand people onboard knowing it is in poor condition and has faults that could cause it to sink. They would also do it in the icy waters of the north atlantic.
Sailguy, except for it being a cruise ship it was a ship designed to drill. The ship was in need of maitainance and repair's including the blow out preventer . Number 2 in that article states it better...

11 people on that ship died ,some jumped to their death in flames..So BP did exactly that.. ...We talk around here everytime a boater or sailor does something stupid,well this defines stupid and look at the tax payers dollars it's costing us all through the use of rescurces in the USCG alone..

where are those sailors now that are always ready to "Jump the Stupid"...

Does politics over ride their thoughts???

if so.............

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.