Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010
On My Way Outta Here.....

Irony17 is on a distinguished road
Talking Greenhorn Crew Avaliable ASAP : )

FRESH LIVE RAIL MEAT HERE : )

So I'm a newbie and have been thankfully advised by the senior members to post a thread, so here I go

I just purchased my Morgan 24 4 months ago and I'm on it as much as I can be. I had NEVER been sailing on a boat before I bought IRONY and I absolutly love sailing her. Ive gone sailing on her about 10 times now and out of those 10 times two of those times where with the owner I purchased the boat from.
The first time was just to motor it over to the new marina and that was so exciting lol but not nearly as exciting and memorable as the first time I put up the sails with my father, (who gave me the bright idea to buy my first boat), of which whom had only been sailing as a young boy on a dinghy. After putting up the sails, catching some wind and tacking from one place to the other I soon found that I had a love and passion for sailing.
With that said I'm in search of a passionite sailor who may be willing to teach me and my father a thang or two. Were both very exciting about learning the ropes of becoming great expecienced sailiors and wouldn't be any happier than helping out a crew that would be willing to make fun of some fresh rail meat : )
Our Morgan 24 is located on the delta near Iselton and Rio Vista and we currently live in Sacramento. It would be great if someone would like to take us for a spin in our boat or on theirs, in the dealta or ANYWHERE Were ready and more than willing to learn everything about sailing.
THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY FOURM
Old 05-21-2010

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Would be better if you state where the boat is at so that people in your area would know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2010
Here fishy fishy

Hays is on a distinguished road
Hey amigo,

Hays here...I live out in Roseville, but my Cal 25 is berthed in Berkeley for now, Vallejo soon. If you'd like to chat sometime, let me know.

As for crewing... well, I know the Berkeley Marina holds Friday Night "Beer Can" Races, and there's plenty of boats out there looking for extra crew. I was down there today working on my boat, and actually had the opportunity to race on a friend's Catalina 36 - 20-30mph winds made it a hellova trip! I learned a lot though, and look forward to doing it again. I know Berkeley is a drive (I DID just get home lol), but I'm sure closer marinas probably do some similar stuff. Best of luck to ya!