Your boats name..tell me about it - Page 9 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 97 Old 05-28-2010
1968 Pearson Wanderer 30

A couple weekends back, up in Deltaville, VA, I saw a very nice sailboat with what I thought was a pretty cool name: "Someday Came." I figure the guy had been saying for years, "Someday, I'll have a nice big sailboat." Well, I guess his "someday" finally came.

Still working on what to name my little Islands 17 that I just picked up last weekend.

- Bill T.
- Richmond, VA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 97 Old 05-28-2010

For the present my imaginary boat's name is 'S/S Never Sail' because I don't have a boat right now. (sigh) But I am looking.....

1600 Ton Master, 2nd Mate Unlimited Tonnage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture
post #83 of 97 Old 05-29-2010

Named her Isla Rose. We were given about 15 minutes to decide if we wanted to keep the old name (we didn't) and come up with a new name and registration port. As for regist. port, we are Canadians from Edmonton. Edmonton is not a good registration port as there is no water anywhere near, let alone an ocean. We went with Victoria, BC. For a name, we came up with Isla Rose, the name of our 3 month old grand-daughter.
post #84 of 97 Old 05-30-2010

Eve

I named my catalina 22 "EVE" because she's my first boat. I guess i'll call my surf kayak LILITH...?

mark p.
s.v. eve
c-22 hull#13242
s.v. reprieve
74 morgan OI 33
post #85 of 97 Old 05-30-2010
Just another Moderator

I always get a kick out of the name (surprisingly common) "The Last One II" or even "The Last One VI"...

Our boat was called Wharf Rat when we bought it.. struggled with a new name but went with FastForward because it's built by a Brazilian company called Fast Yachts. (Some days it seems deliberately misleading........ )

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #86 of 97 Old 05-30-2010

Ours is Tranquilidad. Spanish for Tranquility (my first boat's name). We considered TranquiliDad, as sailing is the only way to tranquilize dad.
post #87 of 97 Old 05-30-2010

Talking QMS reference...

After sailing a fast cruiser for a decade named "Quicksilver"...
Our current boat just had to be named... "Fresh Air"

And, yes indeed, I do remember some of the sixties.

L
post #88 of 97 Old 05-30-2010

"Mariah" was the name of my Beloved Dog (timberwolf) who was later named "Windy" . Also, the Company that built my boat was named after the owners dog. Mariah is my boats name because everytime I see her, I think of the times I had with that wolf. Man's best friend. I miss her.
Kary
S/V Mariah
post #89 of 97 Old 05-30-2010

Our Chrysler C-22 we got last year is our 1st boat and a dream come true and was never named as far as I know so I thought Don't Wake Me was appropriate for 2 reasons our With our Chrysler C-26 on our maiden voyage with her we got cought in a gale storm, we were tossed around real bad but it didn't stop the wife and I from getting right back out there so we call it Shaken Knot Stir'd.

Last edited by MarioG; 05-30-2010 at 08:07 PM.
post #90 of 97 Old 05-31-2010

Our Catalina 30 is Odyssey. It our first large sailboat and we plan on having an odyssey. The dinghy is called Dayenu. It means "it is sufficient" in hebrew. We could not decide on how big a dinghy we needed and finally settled on the eight foot one because this one is sufficient.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.