SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Your Favorite On-the-Boat Cocktail (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/65092-your-favorite-boat-cocktail.html)

primerate84 05-27-2010 04:16 PM

Your Favorite On-the-Boat Cocktail

I don't know if this was a previous thread (I'm too lazy to do a lot of research right now), but I'm going up to the boat this week-end and will be stocking the bar. What I wanted everybody that's interested to do, is to give me their one favoritie drink and the recipe (and beer does not count, I know how to do that). Thanks.

nemier 05-27-2010 04:42 PM

Our favourite boat drink for the last year is the MOJITO.
We prefer to use the original Havana rum.
Pls google the recipe as the exact ingredients differ according to who you ask.
Done right, the MOJITO is a fantastic refreshing boat drink.

remetau 05-27-2010 04:48 PM

I drink beer, but sometimes we’ll have a Mangrove Smash:
1/4 Banana Rum
1/4 Coconut Rum
1/4 Pineapple Rum
1/4 Orange juice
I sometimes top it with a shot of Sailor Jerry.

wwilson 05-27-2010 04:51 PM

Here is a simple one that is pretty satisfying at anchor; Captain's & Ale. A mix of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum with ginger ale. Ice cubes help if the ingredients are not cold. The ratio of Captain's to Ale depends on how hard the day's sail was, or how lovely the anchorage is.

primerate84 05-27-2010 04:58 PM

Great ideas. Rum of various flavors seems to be a staple. Thanks.

Faster 05-27-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwilson (Post 607837)
Here is a simple one that is pretty satisfying at anchor; Captain's & Ale. A mix of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum with ginger ale. Ice cubes help if the ingredients are not cold. The ratio of Captain's to Ale depends on how hard the day's sail was, or how lovely the anchorage is.

For the final touch, freeze Ginger Ale for the ice cubes.... no dilution!:) :) This is my current favourite too.

kwaltersmi 05-27-2010 06:05 PM

Yup, can't go wrong with a Dark n' Stormy: Dark rum (Black Seal, Boot Strap, etc.) & Ginger Ale.

We're also fans of Cruzan pineapple rum mixed with banana puree...so tropical I could swear the water in Lake Michigan tastes salty and that those white pines are actually coconut palms.

Brucerobs2 05-27-2010 06:07 PM

V&t

Mine is pretty simple.

Vodka Tonic, lots of ice, a generous slice of lime. Mixed about half and half if the Vodka is top shelf, a little less if its the cheap stuff.

Just right on a hot summer day.

Hays 05-27-2010 06:34 PM

I would add a major +1 for the Mojito...the best one I've found yet is made with Myers Platinum white rum, but unfortunately that's all I know about their recipe. I could drink those all day long, and certainly plan on it a few nights ;-)

Flybyknight 05-27-2010 06:37 PM

Interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 607843)
For the final touch, freeze Ginger Ale for the ice cubes.... no dilution!:) :) This is my current favorite too.

Not That! is a great idea.:)

Dick