Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010
S/V Jackfish Girl

Flightsport is on a distinguished road
Marine.com/Sailnet Store? where are they?

Last week I left a voice mail and an email inquiry at Marine.com / Sailnet and never heard back from anyone. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Sailnet or Marine.com for online or phone purchases?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I've used them, but it has been a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator

administrator has disabled reputation
I will look into why you have not heard back from anyone yet today. I apologize for this, Our personnel are normally very prompt if you have to leave a message.

Jeff J
Old 06-14-2010
S/V Jackfish Girl

Hey Thanks Jeff. I think it was last wed, I left both a voice mail at "sales" and an email, with regards to a portlight and if it was in stock or not. Thanks. mike
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator

administrator has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightsport View Post
Hey Thanks Jeff. I think it was last wed, I left both a voice mail at "sales" and an email, with regards to a portlight and if it was in stock or not. Thanks. mike

Adam from the office here said he made contact with you this morning. Thanks for a heads up on this. We take customer service and your satisfaction very seriously. We know you have lots of choices and prefer if you choose Marine.com or shop.sailnet.com when ordering on-line.

thanks again

Jeff J
Old 06-14-2010

bakerha51 is on a distinguished road
Mike:
I recently purchased the Tides Marine sail track and had great luck and good pricing through Sailnet (marine.com). Some confusion with the vendor at first but that was quickly resolved and things went smoothly from there. I would definitely recommend!
Sandusky Ohio
Old 06-14-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Same here. I've purchases several items through them (marine.com) and have been very pleased.

Good folks. Great prices.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 06-14-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
I ordered a few items from them last week. They shipped fast. One item is shipped directly from the manufacture, it has not got here yet. I found that their price are good or better than most.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 06-17-2010
Barking Dog

KindOfBlue is on a distinguished road
I tried to buy a specific AIS unit from them last summer. It wasn't listed on their site so I emailed them. They responded quickly saying that they don't have it posted, but they can get it for me. I then said yes yes yes, I'll take it! But they never got back to me after several emails and phone calls. I had to buy it elsewhere and for more money than I was quoted at sailnet

I also bought a garmin card for my plotter in Jan and it took 3 weeks for delivery. I had to email them and ask what's up and I got a reply saying that it was shipping today. It's like my order got stuck on someones desk under a stack of papers. No mention of the part being out of stock. Garmin allows some vendors to burn and ship the SD Card, not sure if sailnet is one of them though.

I have also purchased many other products from them with excellent service. It's just that my last two purchase experiences were not good.

Last edited by KindOfBlue; 06-17-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-17-2010
S/V Jackfish Girl

Thanks everyone! It seems to be a mixed bag. I did finally get an email from them but it originated because of this post, not the email I left them regarding the product I was looking to buy. -Mike