Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
If you are superstitous and desiring to change the name of your vessel. You should call in the local Priest, Minister, Shaman, Iman, Druid and Wiccan to rechristian your vessel with the appropriate Wine, whiskey, bourbon sacrifices.
Oh! leave a little bit of that sacrifice for yourselves. After all you need to be sure that the liquid you are using in the christianing is of the appropriate vinage. Replace the coins under the mast. These are used to pay the ferryman for the trip across the river Styx if things do go wrong in the big way.
And also have your spouse's permission for this Rechristianing party. She/He may want to add to the Rechristianing Ceremony with additional ideas.
After all it is a family boat.
Also do the paperwork for your state registry or USCG documentation. Most important item here and the registry for you EPIRB, and the FCC license also.

Last edited by Boasun; 02-26-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2007

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
If you are superstitous and desiring to change the name of your vessel. You should call in the local Priest, Minister, Shaman, Iman, Druid and Wiccan to rechristian your vessel with the appropriate Wine, whiskey, bourbon sacrifices.
Oh! leave a little bit of that sacrifice for yourselves. After all you need to be sure that the liquid you are using in the christianing is of the appropriate vinage. Replace the coins under the mast. These are used to pay the ferryman for the trip across the river Styx if things do go wrong in the big way.
And also have your spouse's permission for this Rechristianing party. She/He may want to add to the Rechristianing Ceremony with additional ideas.
After all it is a family boat.
Or just call the vessel by its HIN #.
Old 02-26-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Bestfriend,
Because when Cam brings up the topic it's about something like Verizon coverage from four years ago, and the rest of us assume that the man has either gotten a new phone, dropped it overboard, or succumbed to swine flu.
Boat naming, on the other hand, is a topic of perpetual interest to many.
Personally, I like Cam when he's funny. I just read a post about the naming of people who hang out in boatyards and Cam was definitely not funny! Don't get him going on sextants, either. No worries, mate. Others have done the same, and the thread went on for days.
Old 02-27-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
"Can you buy safety? Let's ask Ken Barnes!"
A Cam classic!

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-27-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2007

Hawkwind is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure the Exon Valdez is still sailing with it's new name. I'm also pretty sure CNN would have told us if there had been any "bad luck".
Those grand fresh-water seas of ours - Erie, and Ontario, and Huron, and Superior, and Michigan, - possess an ocean-like expansiveness...They contain round archipelagoes of romantic isles...they have heard the fleet thunderings of naval victories...they know what shipwrecks are, for out of sight of land, however inland, they have drowned full many a midnight ship with all its shrieking crew. --from Moby Dick
Old 03-01-2007

CLucas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CLucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog
So we shouldn't expect a reply? We should all just let this go?
No reply `cause he's hanging with Davey Jones. aaarrrrrrgh.
Old 03-01-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLucas
No reply `cause he's hanging with Davey Jones. aaarrrrrrgh.
The Yankee Rose is feeding the flounder?
Old 03-01-2007

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
I've re-named 9 boats..

and never did one of those foolish re-naming ceremonies. I've also never touched bottom or had bad luck perhaps because I don't beleive in Santa Clause or BS superstitions...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 03-01-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Halekai-

Any sailor who says he's never gone aground is either never sailing or a complete liar...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-01-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by halekai36
and never did one of those foolish re-naming ceremonies. I've also never touched bottom or had bad luck perhaps because I don't beleive in Santa Clause or BS superstitions...
Santa Clause is real. I caught him banging my wife on my sofa when I came home early from a business trip last Christmas.