SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Not sure if anyone has noticed (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/65585-not-sure-if-anyone-has-noticed.html)

administrator 06-14-2010 06:54 AM

Not sure if anyone has noticed

I'm not sure if anyone had noticed but we made a number of changes to the SailNet website to dramatically increase the speed of the forum earlier this past week.

enjoy.

Jeff J

wind_magic 06-14-2010 07:04 AM

Thanks admin! :)

The advanced search function seems to be working better now too, though it doesn't go as far back in time as I would like (only a year ?). It would be nice if there were at least the option to go back further if you needed to.

administrator 06-14-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wind_magic (Post 612955)
Thanks admin! :)

The advanced search function seems to be working better now too, though it doesn't go as far back in time as I would like (only a year ?). It would be nice if there were at least the option to go back further if you needed to.

Thanks for the feedback on the "one year ago" limitation. I just made an enhancement - check it out.

Jeff J

wind_magic 06-14-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 612957)
Thanks for the feedback on the "one year ago" limitation. I just made an enhancement - check it out.

Jeff J

I just ran it through its paces, it is working great now, thank you! :)

smackdaddy 06-14-2010 10:25 AM

Wow! Snappy!

Thanks dude!

scottyt 06-14-2010 10:44 AM

wow, so we have a real search feature now?

deniseO30 06-14-2010 10:55 AM

I noticed it when I logged in! quick now! Thank you!

(not that I'm fast, easy, I mean.. err stammer)

blt2ski 06-14-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deniseO30 (Post 613030)

(not that I'm fast, easy, I mean.. err stammer)

That is not what a few fellers I've heard talking said..............:eek::eek::eek::eek:;);););):rol leyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hellosailor 06-14-2010 07:18 PM

Jeff, it seems responsive this week but the Furuno ad which appears on thta top of this page? Displays itself IN FRONT OF the "new posts" flydown menu.

And the web pages still are painting themselves incorrectly in MSIE8. the page opens with eveyrthing center aligned, and then spread out to the correct positions. IIRC that's from the HTML being coded incorrectly, not just an MSIE thing.

administrator 06-14-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellosailor (Post 613208)
Jeff, it seems responsive this week but the Furuno ad which appears on thta top of this page? Displays itself IN FRONT OF the "new posts" flydown menu.

And the web pages still are painting themselves incorrectly in MSIE8. the page opens with eveyrthing center aligned, and then spread out to the correct positions. IIRC that's from the HTML being coded incorrectly, not just an MSIE thing.

I noticed that too. I should be able to fix that.