Delaware Bay/River Upper Chesapeake get together September? - Page 19 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Hello captains. I am not able to make tomorrow afterall...
Hmmm...I just saw this.

Ulladh and I arrived lasst night
, and are at the City dock. I think I saw Wayne's boat anchored.

I still have the grill that was going to cook rockDAWG's meats. If anyone coming by car wants burgers or other grilled food, bring it and I can cook it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2010

BTW, I do have 6 marinated chicken breasts, so we probably do not need more meat. But I've got the grill if someone wants burgers or hot dogs instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
Old 09-18-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Late input sorry.. doubt anyone will see this.. We are bringing dessert!

my current "project"!
Old 09-18-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Just got back from Synagogue. Would have liked to have met everyone.Have fun.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Late input sorry.. doubt anyone will see this.. We are bringing dessert!
Denise - I hope you get this on a cell phone or sumthin. We had to move because of a wedding in the picnic area. We're next to Kilby's ice cream on the watefront, near Pell Gardens. Hope you find us. Ulladh & I are both docked at the free city dock.

Old 09-18-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
We made it! but got real stuck in traffic and got there late. I forgot bring Ulladh's phone number too.. We had fun just the same and sat at the tiki bar had pizza and beer as the band played.. I've never seen it so busy!

enjoy your sleep over!

my current "project"!
Old 09-19-2010

Hey everyone, we're home. I woke up early so we snuck out at 4:45 to catch the peak current on the canal. (I hope our motor didn't wake you, Ulladh!) We did 8 knots through the canal and were at Reedy Point by 6:15. But it was chilly! Almost no breeze (and noticeably warmer) on the river, so we motored up with a little assist from the mainsail. Once again currents were very friendly as we easily did 6.5-7 knots the whole way, and into the slip at 10 am. Much quicker than I ever expected.

It was great meeting Wayne and Sally and seeing Ulladh again. Denise - You were right under our noses and we couldn't find you! We were in a section where they weren't serving food, so if you had pizza it sounds like you were in a different area from us.

For those who missed it, I hope to meet you all in the future. Chesapeake City is a nice meeting point, even though the slog through the canal is very long is you're fighting the current (as we did on Friday).

Old 09-19-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

Really my fault for not bringing a phone number with me. duh.. (no blond jokes please!)

Now you know the true meaning of "go with the flow"

So hey, did you get a good close and personal view of a barge and tug on the canal?

Anyway, lets start planning a winter get together!

November?

my current "project"!

Last edited by deniseO30; 09-19-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Hope you all have fun. I am sorry to miss you all.

After a non-stop 32 hrs sailing, got back to Annapolis at around 5 p.m. yesterday safe and sound but a bit tired. I battled 20 to 25 stiff wind at midnite just off St. Mary River and the Bay alone. At 6 am the steering cable broke and put another spin on this trip. I had fun and great experience to have.

Now I guess we will have the BBQ pork and garlic crab/crab cake for the next few days.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 09-19-2010

I forgot to mention a huge thank you to Ulladh for setting up our get-together, and for enduring all 19 pages of unsolicited advice on how to do it better. It's always hit-and-miss with these things, but fortunately we had an enthusiastic core group that managed to show up - and even find each other! (Then there was Denise's group that showed up but didn't manage to find us.)

I would be up for something in November, though only by car, since my boat will be hauled by then. One possibility might be the new Riverwinds Restaurant in New Jersey - it would give us a chance to scout out their cove for a possible anchorage rendezvous next year on the Delaware:

Fine Dining - ..::The RIver Winds Restaurant::..