SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Delaware Bay/River Upper Chesapeake get together September? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/65672-delaware-bay-river-upper-chesapeake-get-together-september.html)

Ulladh 06-16-2010 05:22 PM

Delaware Bay/River Upper Chesapeake get together September?

Thread update September 14, 2010;
-Sailnet Delware Bay/River and Upper Chesapeake get together will be Saturday September 18, 2010 at Chesapeake City Anchorage Basin/Engineers Cove
-Potluck Picnic 3:30 PM Saturday September 18, 2010 at picnic area east end of basin Rhythm is providing gas grill, if coming by road join us at the picnic.
-Then 7:30 PM Saturday September 18, 2010 CHESAPEAKE INN RESTAURANT on the deck for drinks, dessert and appetizers.

-Basin dredge is complete including entrance, water depth 10' MLLW
-Free anchorage in basin
-Free (24hr limit) slips

So far;
Rhythmdoctor 2+
Chef2sail
WWilson 2
RockDawg
DeniseO30
Ulladh 20ft double ender red sunbrella on headsail

Colin

deniseO30 06-16-2010 06:20 PM

YES! you beat me to it! :D

rockDAWG 06-16-2010 07:37 PM

Can I drive to Chesapeake City instead? :p

Ulladh 06-17-2010 06:25 AM

Denise, you organized the last one, I will do this one.
Rock, sail, swim, walk, fly, drive,... any mode of transportation.

We can leave the date open to just September until there is more interest.

The location may be either Delaware City or Chesapeake City, depending which end of the C&D dominates.

deniseO30 06-17-2010 07:55 AM

cool with me ! Although I really like Essington!

Ulladh 06-17-2010 08:02 AM

I would like to get folks within a one day sail raduis of the C&D, but Essington will be the default if only Delware River folks participate.

chef2sail 06-17-2010 12:14 PM

Hey feel free to join us this Saturday at the Maryland Yacht Club at 6 PM for a meeting of the Sailnetters from the upper and central Chesapeake. Over 40 people and 10 boats comming already. Some more by land.

dave

TakeFive 06-17-2010 08:41 PM

Ulladh and Denise,

Lori and I are very interested. We'll definitely be there unless a kid's school commitment makes it totally impossible. And even it that prevents sailing down for the weekend, we'd probably be able to drive down for dinner.

If you're looking to encourage sailing in, then Sept. 4-5 (Labor Day weekend) or Sept. 18-19 have the most favorable tides for those of us who are upriver. You know how it works - every other weekend favors going downstream.

I'd love to use this as a target for our first overnight.

Have either of you stayed in Delaware City before? My friend at work says crime can be a problem there, but not sure whether they've improved in recent years. I have some Boat Show coupons for Crabby Dick's, so maybe we'll ride down and check the area out. Summit North might be another alternative in addition to Chesapeake City.

chef2sail - If it's not too late, we're going to think about driving down for dinner Saturday. I need to take some time to read through your other thread to find out what's involved. That one got in "under my radar" because it's buried so deep in the sub-forums.

chef2sail 06-17-2010 11:18 PM

Would be great to have you rhythm,,,its about 1 hr and a half from the Del Memorial Bridge to the club

Dave

deniseO30 06-18-2010 08:51 AM

Geeze Chef it got past me too! I'm having a dock party at my boat tomorrow with a few lady friends. GRR at myself