SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Captain / Crew Bad List (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/6587-captain-crew-bad-list.html)

Sea Spirit 03-25-2003 09:26 PM

Captain / Crew Bad List

Does anybody know if there is such a list, or for that matter some system that
protects crew like myself?.

This particular delivery captain; is trying to attract delivery crew that will pay him
US$35/day when he is in fact receiving a crew allowance from the owner; left one
port without paying for diesel; left another after puting a hole in a boat and
failed to notify anyone; drank excessively during the delivery of a 70'' luxury
sail boat; screamed at his crew; helped himself to their personal items; endangered
his crew sometimes resulting in injury; refused to feed a crew member for two days;
now two months overdue on the delivery to Singapore; has burned his way through six
crew members since leaving LA in November, and so the story goes on.

Denr 03-26-2003 05:09 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

This was not me. It could be the Pirate of Pine Island, sounds like his style of pillage.

pirateofcapeann 03-26-2003 05:42 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

Naaa. Us pirates may be a tough lot but we''re usually pretty fair to our crews. That''s why they stick around. This guy sounds like an ex politician, like a senator or congressman, perhaps higher. They can get away with that crap ashore and blame it all one someone else. But at sea, their true colors come shining through! Seems they give out captainsí tickets to just about anyone these days!

Pi

Denr 03-26-2003 09:30 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

I resemble that last remark!

pirateofcapeann 03-26-2003 06:50 PM

Captain / Crew Bad List

Ayah. Calls ''em as I sees ''em.

Pi

JohnDrake 03-27-2003 09:19 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

You might try sending a letter to the USCG or, if this guy is a member of some professional association, sending a note to them.

I suppose you could even post your feelings - without crossing the line into libel - on some cruising web sites.

Just a thought.

John

DelmarRey 03-27-2003 11:37 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

Sea Spirit,

I would suggest you get off in the next port and stay off!
Then post this so called Captian''s name in the crewing section with your list of complaints. And just maybe you''ll save some others the same greif.
This guys name is not Saddam is it?

Denr 03-28-2003 03:59 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

I don''t think anyone will argue with you that Saddam is a pain in the ass but the real threat to peace and civility according to 90% of WORLDS population is Bush. Which way is the wind blowing today Georgie, disarmament, regime change, threat of terrorism, Iraqi liberation? We definitely need a regime change in Washington!

Sailmc 03-28-2003 04:28 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

Denr,
I don''t think this type of comment has any place on this board. And BTW since when do you care what 90% of anyone thinks.

Sailmc 03-28-2003 04:29 AM

Captain / Crew Bad List

Denr,
I don''t think this type of comment has any place on this board. And BTW since when do you care what 90% of anyone thinks.